Good question. I wonder when someone is actually going to sit down and isolate the code that's missing so it can be more easily fixed. It's not that difficult to fix now, but it would be cool is someone could, huh.
    08-21-09 12:56 AM
    I installed the Garmin mobile version on my 8330 curve. Install was successful, i opened up garmin, went to view map and found my location. i exited the program opened up BB maps but nothing happened...

Am i doing something wrong? I turbed my GPS on, i think it is the little circle under the clock, is that it?

What else am i supposed to do now? How do i know that it is working properly?

Thanks

EDIT: i jsut opened up BB Maps, and i realized i never 'Started GPS Navigation'.. Within in 1 sec it found 9 satellites inside my house. It is constinantly searching for satellites though....
    Last edited by torchd; 08-21-09 at 01:06 AM.
    08-21-09 01:03 AM
    Where can i get Google Maps?

What is better BB Maps or Gmaps???
    08-21-09 01:11 AM
    Where can i get Google Maps?

What is better BB Maps or Gmaps???
    Google Mobile

If you have an 8330, Google Maps will work (including Latitude). If you have an 8330m, Google Maps won't see the internal GPS. It's a known bug with GMaps, but they haven't fixed it yet.
    08-21-09 09:40 AM
    Google Mobile

If you have an 8330, Google Maps will work (including Latitude). If you have an 8330m, Google Maps won't see the internal GPS. It's a known bug with GMaps, but they haven't fixed it yet.
    Yeah i have an 8330m
    08-21-09 10:18 AM
    I downloaded the Garmin Mobile for my USCC 8330m and got satellite lock in 15 seconds B* worked great also.
    09-28-09 05:41 PM
    Am I missing something? I installed the garmin onto my us cell 8330 and when i try navigating, it takes about 10-15 minutes to "acquire a satellite." I still have a hard time locking on in google maps, as well. Did I miss something that I had to check/uncheck?
    09-30-09 01:23 PM
    Am I missing something? I installed the garmin onto my us cell 8330 and when i try navigating, it takes about 10-15 minutes to "acquire a satellite." I still have a hard time locking on in google maps, as well. Did I miss something that I had to check/uncheck?
    What version OS are you running?
    09-30-09 01:30 PM
    What version OS are you running?
    I'm running 4.5.0.169
    09-30-09 06:34 PM
    For the guy wanting to remove the auto signature, there is a how to thread. I think its under general discussion somewhere.

I just installed garmin, tried to search for satelites and I get an error message that says GPS is disabled although it is turned on on my phone. I don't get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 11:23 AM
    I did the whole Garmin trick with the latest bb software. Everything worked fine until the trial period ended for the garmin software and everything went back to the way it was. Apparently the garmin software will only unlock the gps while the trial period is effective.
    10-06-09 05:45 PM
    I did the whole Garmin trick with the latest bb software. Everything worked fine until the trial period ended for the garmin software and everything went back to the way it was. Apparently the garmin software will only unlock the gps while the trial period is effective.
    This is not the case for me or many others.
    10-06-09 07:26 PM
    I wish this would've worked for me! I could use a GPS that works.
    10-07-09 06:58 AM
    So is it confirmed working on the latest BB software? What software version is it confirmed working on and where can I get it? Downgrade only gives me two options.
    10-13-09 01:36 PM
    i cannot get garmin to connect with any sats,dl'd app from garmin ran the app,bb maps work for 10 sats instantly,prob is it only shows a big red arrow. No maps ,no strrets ...does it talk ?
    12-14-09 03:41 AM
    When I had my curve, I ran Garmin once and uninstalled it immediately. I installed new OS updates and my GPS continued to work after this without using garmin again.
    12-14-09 04:18 PM
    this trick worked great, i just downloaded the free trial and almost instantaneous lock in google maps and bbmaps. awsome fix for the curve
    12-26-09 08:00 PM
    i down loaded garmin my gps worked 3 times and not once sence i tryed the howard hack and my pc blue screens in the process
    help
    us cell.. 8330
    12-31-09 11:16 AM
    Fixed the issue I was having after the EVDO upgrade was added to my USCC 8330. Thanks for the advice, way easier than trying to go through the other method. Not to mention I have monitoring set-up on a 270 gallon saltwater tank - and am out of town skiing for a long weekend (and geocaching - hence the need for the gps). Not really the time I wanted to risk messing something up on the phone.

This has things up and going again though, so more fun can be had. Thanks!
    02-18-10 11:02 PM
    Well, worked for a day - almost. Then Quickpull shut me down due to low memory, and rebooted without shutting down Cacheberry first. Apparently that messes with the gps. re-installed the Garmin app again...fixed again. Will not pull the app out of memory this time until I'm home and ready to try the (hopefully) more permenant fix for the GPS.
    02-19-10 08:57 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD