The easiest idea I could come up with is to build a time machine, go back to 2007 and start implementing BB10 from that time.
    This might actually work.
    07-15-15 07:22 PM
    I bought my cousin a Q5 and my other cousin a Z10... of course they cannot afford to buy phones straight out and they love the phones. They had lower end android phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 07:58 PM
    The easiest idea I could come up with is to build a time machine, go back to 2007 and start implementing BB10 from that time.
    Good thing this is probably true!
    An easy idea to save BlackBerry-qnxflux.jpg
    07-15-15 08:36 PM
    OP, I followed your advice and gave a bunch of my BB devices to my loved ones. But, the plan backfired. They all hate me now, because they all had asked for iPhones! :-)
    07-15-15 09:28 PM
    OP, I followed your advice and gave a bunch of my BB devices to my loved ones. But, the plan backfired. They all hate me now, because they all had asked for iPhones! :-)
    I get the feeling this isn't even a joke lol.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-15-15 09:30 PM
    Buy me a Q10, please!
    07-15-15 11:01 PM
    Yes, but I was just thinking that we as community could add out own grain of sand.
    Posted via CB10
    At least here, I'd guess that many of "us" have several BB10 devices, like a Z10 and ...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-16-15 02:57 AM
    I get the feeling this isn't even a joke lol.
    It was actually intended to be a joke, although part of it was true. Most of my loved ones are using iPhones or Androids. They are not even slightly interested in BlackBerrys, in any shape or form. I have only been able to convince my nephew to use my old Z10 (he has no interest in the PKB BB devices). He hardly uses the phone though, as his Nexus tablet is his primary device for all apps, gaming, browsing, or watching movies.
    07-16-15 05:19 AM
    I asked my 25 year old if she wanted a BlackBerry to replace her Sammy 5. Her response was no, but you can get me another case..... My 19 y/o has an iPhone......just laughed, shook his head and walked off. Pencil -to-paper, Thors could buy a few thousand, Mike/Jim another 3-4 thousand, every celebrity endorsing BlackBerry, has to buy at least 500 each, Alicia Keys has to buy at least 3,000........then tweet how excited she is with all of her new(old) BlackBerries from her iPhone.
    07-16-15 11:16 AM
    I think they should build a brand phone for the everyman with the appropriate price point. For example, if QNX is partnering up with Ford, then build an all touch unlocked device with Ford branding to go with the car purchase....or to be sold separately. Bake in a few key apps that work with the automobile, like remote start, unlock etc...

You can imagine the possibilities if BB/QNX were to get contracts with many auto makers.

The Porche device was/is a complete waste of time.
    07-16-15 11:42 AM
    I got ten friends/family to buy playbooks before the fire sale prices. Let's just say I don't need a big shelf for Christmas Cards anymore.
    07-16-15 01:11 PM
    I feel sorry for you, but I could put you on mine ;-)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-16-15 04:02 PM
    What if every BlackBerry user buys another bb10 phone to a friend/wife/son/daugther etc.. or even the ones that can afford it, to them all? Wouldn't it make a significant improvement in market share and sales?
    Let's see, if this worked and BlackBerry phone sales doubled, that would bring them to almost one percent market share, about one tenth of what Microsoft has achieve for their phones after much more advertising than BlackBerry has done. Rumors are, Microsoft is thinking about getting out of the phone business due to poor sales after their take over of Nokia.

But then, BlackBerry isn't really in the consumer phone business any more.
    07-16-15 05:05 PM
    Let's see, if this worked and BlackBerry phone sales doubled, that would bring them to almost one percent market share, about one tenth of what Microsoft has achieve for their phones after much more advertising than BlackBerry has done. Rumors are, Microsoft is thinking about getting out of the phone business due to poor sales after their take over of Nokia.

But then, BlackBerry isn't really in the consumer phone business any more.
    It's not that I have something against what you just said..But..what makes me uncomfortable is that you just said that MS has got 10% marketshare in the world!! Man, that's huge: last time I checked it barely reached 3%!! Can you share sources??

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 06:03 PM
    It's not that I have something against what you just said..But..what makes me uncomfortable is that you just said that MS has got 10% marketshare in the world!! Man, that's huge: last time I checked it barely reached 3%!! Can you share sources?? Posted via CB10
    Yes, you are correct. Microsoft Phone's world wide and US market share are less than 4% at this point.
    07-31-15 09:20 PM
    At least with only 4% market share I still see some windows phones in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 01:11 PM
    2x0=0

& this obtuse holding back information as a policy is going to sink BlackBerry what with their supercilious face to the world (=jc), the face up front & behind all this... all others are either let go or jumped ship... wow !!
    09-12-15 12:23 PM
    I tried the same thing with my kids. Offered to get them a free Z10 or they could save up and buy their own phone of choice.

They all have iPhones. And they laughed at me when my Z10 burned up and needed to be returned.

I bought my Z10 at launch. That was the same time my son bought his iPhone 4. He's still using it.

If BlackBerry wants to get marketshare, then give BlackBerry products for kids to use in school like Google does with Chrome books. My youngest, in her last 2 years of grade school used Chrome books a great deal for her school work and absolutely loved them.
    Now I realize that BlackBerry doesn't do a product like a Chrome book. ..but they need to get the product into the kids' hands and build a relationship with the user.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-12-15 12:46 PM
    Not a bad idea chickenman. Apple has been embedded in the American school system at least since the early 1980's. The first computer I ever used was a Apple II in the second grade. And then numerous Macs through Jr high and high school. Naturally when my generation became adults we had a affinity for Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 12:58 PM
    Now I realize that BlackBerry doesn't do a product like a Chrome book. ..but they need to get the product into the kids' hands and build a relationship with the user.

Would do well to establish a relationship with existing customers to start...
    09-12-15 12:58 PM
    Would do well to establish a relationship with existing customers to start...
    Gotta start somewhere.

And right now they need to have a product that you don't have to have work arounds and duct tape patchwork solutions to use.

The fact that BlackBerry asked people to sideload Android apps to give some semblance of a full app ecosystem sunk BB10 from the get go.

Like my kids said... " If I get a BlackBerry, will (pick a popular kids app) work?

My response? I don't know.

So why would kids get a BlackBerry?

09-12-15 01:06 PM
71 123