[ deleted ]
    Last edited by Zagarinsky; 02-13-14 at 04:18 PM.
    07-22-10 02:05 AM
    You can set one of the convenience keys to open ( manage connections )

OR

Have manage connections on your home screen (to be one of the six icons located at the buttom )
    07-22-10 03:23 AM
    Check out quicklaunch, it's an app that no bb should be without, imo
    07-22-10 05:19 AM
    If you're using the same WiFi locations, set your device to WiFi preferred and it should automatically connect to saved locations - called WiFi Profiles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 06:08 AM
    But, then wifi is still on, which still uses some battery. Quicklaunch has a nice little Wifi toggle.
    07-22-10 07:37 AM
    There is a free app called Autowifi which switches the wi-fi on and off depending on location.

That should suite your needs!
    07-22-10 07:55 AM
    I've not noticed much battery difference on or off. I usually get a day from my device and plug in each night. It is convenient to not worry about it and have my device jump right on - for me anyway. I'd be interested in seeing just how much faster it drains ones battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 08:13 AM
    Try SmartWifi. It does exactly what you're looking for.
    07-22-10 08:16 AM
    Try a custom theme from the theme forum. Many include manage connections right on the home page. I use the hidden_x theme on my bold and it has options/clock/manage connections in addition to 10 icon slots.
    07-22-10 09:21 AM
    What I did (before Smart Wifi), was to configure multi clicks in QuickLaunch so a dougle click on my left convienience key toggled Wi-Fi On & Off. (a single click openned QuickLaunch)

But now I Use a storm and I need the convienience key to bring up the keyboard and i can manage connections just by clicking the signal meter...
    07-27-10 04:33 AM
    Just so I don't get scowled at for not answering the question I use QL. QL > C takes me to manage connections and hit the toggle switch for WIFI on and off.

But... do you really find that having your wifi on creates a noticeable difference on battery longevity throughout the day?

I usually run mine switched on and connected and I get two full days run time out of my Bold with SEDIO 1750mAh extended battery.

When I run my stock battery though I get a full days work out of my Bold. I'm running Acercell .592.

Just interested that's all good luck finding a solution that fits your needs.
    07-27-10 04:53 AM
    I'm going to chime in with setting a shortcut with QL. I also set one for BT as half the time I forget to enable and previously had to scramble to homescreen to hit the shortcut there; now I can enable it from any screen - like the phone app. >.<

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-27-10 05:03 AM
    There is an app, BatteryEx, that has a wifi option to turn off wifi power when wifi is out of range. It is relatively cheap, $1.99. It also has an option to turn off the radio when no signal is detected. I haven't tried the wifi option as my Tour does not have it.
    07-27-10 06:52 AM
    I leave WiFi on all the time on my 9700 and I did the same on my 8900. I never had a problem with battery because of this.

It's true that the 9700 has a much higher capaciry battery than the 8900 but that worked just fine with WiFi switched on 24/7.
    07-27-10 07:08 AM
    Not that I toggle wifi on or off much using my 9700, however, when I do, I use an app called ShortCutMe. It's not a free app, but it has many different functions to make your BB routines quick and simple.
    07-27-10 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD