Is there a way to make turning GPS on and off easier? I would like to do it from the main screen, or even from the BB Menu under Manage Connections. Going to the Option\Advanced Options\GPS is a bit cumbersome. I want to be ablt to tuen it on when I want to use it, and off when I'm not.
    04-07-09 11:24 AM
    Over 50 views and no one knows if this can even be done? If it cannot, then I'll stop trying ;-)
    Thanks in advance.
    04-07-09 03:03 PM
    I was hoping someone else had an answer to this too.
    :/
    05-16-09 03:11 PM
    I'm a noob but why would you want to turn it on off so much? If the gps apps is properly closed it shouldn't touch the gps right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 03:40 PM
    Just having the GPS on eats battery like kirsty alley at a buffet.

05-16-09 03:45 PM

Now that was some funny stuff.

05-16-09 04:50 PM

Now that was some funny stuff.

Too bad it's not correct. You can leave your GSP set to Location On and UNLESS some GPS aware app polls the chipset, it will not consume battery. Chances are VERY GOOD that if some of you out there are having your batteries drained by leaving your GSP on, you have an APP you forgot to close or set it to not use GPS (i.e. Weatherbug) and it's killing your battery because of that.
    05-16-09 05:09 PM
    QuickLaunch has an easy to use GPS toggle. That's why I came here to see if that was something I'd need to use to save my battery. Guess not. QuickLaunch is still very useful though for other purposes.
    08-23-10 05:00 AM
    ShortcutMe is a great little macro program and I have it setup to toggle GPS On/Off with a couple of keystrokes. It's $4.95 here in the CrackBerry app store.
    08-23-10 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD