This is my first post on this site so I'll try not to ramble on. I've read a lot, but just registered today. I am shopping for my first Blackberry, (well first smartphone of any type) and I have a few last minute questions. I will be upgrading from a RAZR with Verizon service.

I have pretty much decided on the Pearl 8130 and will stay with Verizon.

Some people advocate waiting a few months after a new device is introduced before purchasing, so the manufacturer can work out any quirks that were missed by the designers and sent out in the first batch. Is this a concern for the Pearl 8130?
    Should I wait or buy now? Any quirks found yet?

By the way i had a lot of software problems with the RAZR when it was first introduced.

Thanks in advance!
    11-18-07 09:57 AM
    k,

I just upgraded, through VZW, to the BB 8130 Pearl. It is also my first smart phone of any type. There is a definite learning curve, but after having the phone for 1.5 weeks its a snap. It took a good day or 2 to adjust, but love what this thing can do. The minor problems that this phone may have would not delay my purchase.

It usually makes sense to wait, but I'm thrilled with my Pearl.
    11-18-07 10:38 AM
    I also have the pearl with VZW. It's not my first blackberry, but its definately my favorite so far. I love that it's so small but does everything I need it to.

The only thing is that it runs on different version of software than the original pearl (newer) so its hard to find stuff that will work on it.

Also, the camera is in a different spot so cases/skins are hard to find also.

These things will all be available soon, so I wouldn't wait. I LOVE my pearl...it never leaves my side. I've become one of them........
    11-18-07 11:23 AM
    thanks to Doug and ta3, I'll be heading to pick up my 8130 soon. I just need to find the time to figure it all out. I'm sure it will be a great device once I am through the learning curve. I just need the time to learn!!
    11-18-07 11:35 AM
    I too, have a Razr and Verizon as my carrier. I just ordered my Pearl yesterday so I can get it before Thanksgiving! I haven't read about any software problems people are having with the newest version 4.3 (I believe). Phonescoop.com has many reviews on it from users and they love it (4.5 out of 5 rating). I wouldn't wait too long because Verizon is offering an extra $100 "advance device" credit (or something like that) on it and I am not sure how long it will be available. Good Luck!
    11-19-07 06:27 AM
    Great, I'll look into that device credit, i'm heading in on Wed. afternoon. I did a lot of searching for reviews on the 8130 and everyone seems to love it. I'll end up spending the entire holiday playing!!
    11-19-07 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD