I have a Q10 and when I plug in my ear buds, sound only comes out of one side!!! Any ideas, I've tried 3 different pairs, 1, which I just bought tonight.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 12:16 AM
    Try jiggling your connection point, it might be a bad connection point.
    07-09-14 12:28 AM
    Make sure they're being plugged in all the way.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 04:06 AM
    None of those things.....

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:41 AM
    Did both sides work together earlier? If so, this is indicative of a hardware problem, whether be it the headphones themselves or the actual port on the phone.

If they've never worked together, I've had this problem too. This will sound completely stupid, and totally counter intuitive to what you should do with electronics, but you do have to push down on that connection jack decently.

My initial first run only gave me half sound or none at all. You can verify this is the problem if you plug them in normally as you usually do, then hit the volume up and down keys. If you see a headphone volume notification come up, then it is probably hardware. If however it still says "media" volume (I believe) then you haven't pushed the jack in far enough.

If it is the latter then try twisting them down as your pushing down with a bit of force. You really will hear that click. Once broken in, you shouldn't see this problem again.
    07-09-14 09:11 AM
    They worked before, for like the last year, then last two weeks, it stopped, thought it was headphones.. I will try what you said.. but I have been pushing down hard..

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 09:43 AM
    Nope, nothing seems to do it, I guess it's hardware??

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 09:50 AM
    Run BBVE BlackBerry Virtual Expert, I've never had a test fail but if your Headset Test Fails hopefully it will give you further steps to remedy the problem.

Ear bud problem-img_20140709_095039.png

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 09:53 AM
    Nope, nothing seems to do it, I guess it's hardware??

Posted via CB10
    I can't say definitively, but from what you're describing it sounds like there may be a hardware issue.

Run the diagnostic tool recommended and get back to us with those results.

While you're at it, test those troubled ear buds in another device that is working properly to see of they work. If they do indeed work in other devices and not your phone, I think this would indicate a hardware problem with your phone's earphone jack. If they don't work, I think we can zero in on the ear buds as the culprit.

EDIT: forgot to ask, when you did insert the ear buds all the way and hit the volume up and down, did the on screen display say "media" or "headset" volume?
    07-09-14 11:52 AM
    I'm thinking it is the earphone jack in the phone, couple of questions...

Do you keep your phone in a case?
    Do you put your phone in your pocket? Top down, or bottom down?

My suspicion is something fell into the jack.. they didnt fit in right... you pushed... it broke...

My two cents

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:15 PM
    The volume button did say headphone, my phone has a case, but when it is in pocket the hole is facing up.. I will try the bbve

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 02:16 PM
    All it said we're possible hardware problems and to try another headset, it's gotta be the phone, I've used three different sets

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 02:26 PM
    All it said we're possible hardware problems and to try another headset, it's gotta be the phone, I've used three different sets

Posted via CB10
    If those headphones worked in another device you plugged into, then yes, I would be inclined to believe it is the phone too, which I know, sucks.

It is possible something may have fallen in there and damaged it (e.g. water, etc.). If you are under warranty, go and check in with the vendor you bought it from to see if they can do anything for you.
    07-09-14 04:57 PM
    Update, so I plug in my earbuds that came with phone ( which I hate) and they work fine, and other ones, still only get sound from one side..???????

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 11:49 AM
    Update, so I plug in my earbuds that came with phone ( which I hate) and they work fine, and other ones, still only get sound from one side..???????

Posted via CB10
    I think some headphones are wired to perform different functions with the lead-switch and that this causes compatibility issues.
    I had your issue with a different brand's headphones also and picked up some surplus in-ear buds from a Lumia which now work fine.
    The conical BlackBerry headphones are actually very good if you're in an entirely quite environment - and you don't lay on them, or wear a Beanie for any length of time

..Z10 using CB10
    07-12-14 04:49 PM