It would appear my Verizon Curve is not capable of downloading PDF attachments from emails. I need a phone that allows me to complete what I'd think is a simple task of downloading an email from an email I received, then attaching it (or another) to an email I want to send. I have an 8GB card, too.

Is this due to "user error"? Do I need a 3rd party app? Do I need a different BB phone or a Windows Mobile OS phone to complete this most basic of business-type functions? Thanks in advance for any assistance provided, and mods, please don't boot me since I posted a similar post (but not New Thread) in the Android forum.
    11-11-09 09:57 PM
    Do you have the 8830 or the 8330? Your profile indicates the 8830 but you are referencing the Verizon Curve which would be the 8330.

The 8330 has the ability to download PDF files as an attachment to an email. The 8330 also has the ability to 'view' a PDF attachment from the email message. (The messaging application converts the file to an image for viewing.) The 8330 also has the ability to attach a PDF to an email message. Note that there is a limit of 5MB for an attachment.

Maximum email message size on BIS

The 8330 does not natively have the ability to OPEN a PDF file stored in the device memory or on the Media Card. You need a third party application for that functionality.
    11-12-09 06:50 AM
    I'm curious as to how large the PDF files you are trying to upload/download. If they are over the limit, consider accessing your email via the opera browser. That should allow you to bypass the limit.
    11-12-09 08:44 AM
    Yeah, its 8330 and I just corrected that, sorry!

OK, I figured out how to attached a PDF saved to my memory to an email, really simple just following the menus. But saving a pdf from an incoming email? It seems the BB converts EACH PAGE of the pdf to an image, then via the menu's you can save each page individually....thats ridiculous. Nowhere in the menus do I see something that is as simple as "Save attachment" or "Save file" when I open the PDF. What is the secret to saving the file exactly as the pdf that it is?

CharleyBrown, my typical PDF is under 1MB.

Do you have the 8830 or the 8330? Your profile indicates the 8830 but you are referencing the Verizon Curve which would be the 8330.

The 8330 has the ability to download PDF files as an attachment to an email. The 8330 also has the ability to 'view' a PDF attachment from the email message. (The messaging application converts the file to an image for viewing.) The 8330 also has the ability to attach a PDF to an email message. Note that there is a limit of 5MB for an attachment.

The 8330 does not natively have the ability to OPEN a PDF file stored in the device memory or on the Media Card. You need a third party application for that functionality.
    11-12-09 10:37 AM
    On mine, I open the message, press Menu, scroll to "Download Attachment" and then select "Yes", then navigate to the destination desired.

Be sure that you are not opening the attachment.
    11-12-09 11:29 AM
    Therein lies the problem...no "Download Attachment" option on my Curve. "Open Attachment" is the closest attachment-related Menu option I have . Anyone know if this is specific to the 8330? Maybe the Storm 2 will do it?

On mine, I open the message, press Menu, scroll to "Download Attachment" and then select "Yes", then navigate to the destination desired.

Be sure that you are not opening the attachment.
    11-12-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD