I need help in organizing my email better on my BlackBerry.

Currently I have 3 email accounts on my BB.

2 Gmail accounts and 1 from my University.

The problem comes in since I use one of my Gmail accounts to pull the mail from my University account. Because my Gmail account does this, I end up receiving emails sent to my University account twice (once direct from the U. Email, once from the Gmail account pulling it in).

Is there a good configuration I can have so that I can only receive emails sent to my University account once on my BlackBerry, but still have my Gmail account pull down the emails from the University account?

Basically having the Gmail account still pull my University emails without having them be received by my BlackBerry.
    02-02-10 01:31 PM
    you could stop the fowarding of the email to the gmail acount.
    02-02-10 01:32 PM
    Or remove the University account from your BIS.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 01:37 PM
    you could stop the fowarding of the email to the gmail acount.
    The problem with that solution is that I will not be able to check my University emails in Gmail on my computer. I'd prefer to do that.

The other solution I thought of was removing my University email account on my BB. However then I will not be able to reply to my University emails using the University account (ie. emails sent to XXXXX@university.com will be replied to by XXXXX@gmail.com).

Both those solutions are not ideal.
    02-02-10 01:37 PM
    Ok, how about using filtering to keep the University accounts off? Or a seperate folder.

I hear tell youre doin well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!Go Team Gemini

02-02-10 01:39 PM
    It seems like the only ideal solution to your situation has been politely posted. you'll need to 1) - remove the auto forward or 2) deal with it....

02-02-10 02:20 PM
    I take it back, can't create a filter unless you filtered the entire university address book. Looks like you either need to follow what everyone said ahead of me.
    Last edited by cdowner; 02-02-10 at 02:27 PM.
    02-02-10 02:21 PM
    You can reply with your University account with Gmail.Check your setting in Gmail, you have the option to choose the e-mail account to use when replying.

02-02-10 05:09 PM
    I take it back, can't create a filter unless you filtered the entire university address book. Looks like you either need to follow what everyone said ahead of me.
    You sure?

I think you are on the right track, and you just filter yourself and say Do Not Forward these. This presumes that the emails come in like this:
    To = me@gmail
    From = me@university.edu

In which case, you simply add a filter.

under me@gmail.com filter
    Add filter
    - filter on: From address
    --> From = me@university.edu
    Action = Do Not Forward
    02-02-10 05:28 PM
    It seems like the only ideal solution to your situation has been politely posted. you'll need to 1) - remove the auto forward or 2) deal with it....

+1.go with it.
    02-02-10 11:32 PM
    You sure?

I think you are on the right track, and you just filter yourself and say Do Not Forward these. This presumes that the emails come in like this:
    To = me@gmail
    From = me@university.edu

In which case, you simply add a filter.

under me@gmail.com filter
    Add filter
    - filter on: From address
    --> From = me@university.edu
    Action = Do Not Forward
    If every email came from you@university.edu it would work. You made it sound like every email you get there is automatically forwarded to your gmail and wouldn't come only from you@university.edu. Still reading back think it's easier to just not have the gmail or the university email on the phone.
    02-03-10 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD