For the past 3 weeks my phone's e-mail (through AOL account) has been delayed about 10-15 minutes after it is received on my computer. I've had this account set up for years and have always had instantaneous e-mails. I re-sent service books but the delay is still present.
    Anyone else experiencing this or anyone know if there is a "fix"?
    07-11-10 07:52 PM
    That sounds about right. It's because everyone but Gmail is getting pissy methinks and removing the backend RIM uses for push e-mail. I'd just be glad you get it. I would say set up a Gmail and forward e-mail or have Gmail check it.
    07-11-10 09:38 PM
    I have noticed the same with my AOL mail for over a month.
    Last edited by hehfahq; 07-11-10 at 09:59 PM.
    07-11-10 09:56 PM
    That sounds about right. It's because everyone but Gmail is getting pissy methinks and removing the backend RIM uses for push e-mail. I'd just be glad you get it. I would say set up a Gmail and forward e-mail or have Gmail check it.
    I have not used G-Mail before (sorry if this is a stupid question), but doesn't G-Mail poll for new e-mails every 15 minutes or so? If this is the case I am not sure how this would speed up the process from my AOL e-mail account. (I currently receive my AOL e-mail on my device but it is just delayed about 10-15 minutes. It used to be instantaneous.) I am just trying to get e-mails quicker or am I missing something?
    07-11-10 10:21 PM
    I have not used G-Mail before (sorry if this is a stupid question), but doesn't G-Mail poll for new e-mails every 15 minutes or so? If this is the case I am not sure how this would speed up the process from my AOL e-mail account. (I currently receive my AOL e-mail on my device but it is just delayed about 10-15 minutes. It used to be instantaneous.) I am just trying to get e-mails quicker or am I missing something?
    Gmail uses IMAP, so the e-mails arrive instantly. I never used AOL, but I suspect that they use POP3 if they are arriving 15 minutes late.
    07-11-10 10:25 PM
    Gmail uses IMAP, so the e-mails arrive instantly. I never used AOL, but I suspect that they use POP3 if they are arriving 15 minutes late.
    Thanks for the info. I'll play around with G-mail and see if I can get my AOL mail through G-Mail but I have to keep my AOL address. AOL has always been instantaneous on my device for the past 2 years but a month ago it started with this 10-15 minute delay.
    07-11-10 10:28 PM
    What I'm saying is have Gmail forwarded from AOL.
    07-12-10 12:36 AM
    Anyone else have any input regarding AOL delays with e-mail on my device? I would love to hear if other AOL users are experiencing a 10-15 minute e-mail delay, as it started about a month ago after years of getting instantaneous e-mails on my device.
    I would greatly appreciate any help or input.
    Last edited by tellsells; 07-12-10 at 08:04 AM.
    07-12-10 08:01 AM
    Ive been having the same issue for a while now on my primary account. My aol mail used to be instant but for the past few months its been delayed anywhere from 15 mins to 30 mins. Sometimes even longer. The funny thing is that I have two AOL mail accounts configured on my BB and the delay only ocurrs on one account. I wonder if the size of the mailbox contributes to the problem? My main box is rather large and is experiencing the delays.

Tellsells,

What email settings do you have your configured on your bb?
    07-28-10 04:26 PM
    Actually, I have Gmail and I was getting my emails instantly, but over the past month, they started coming in anywhere between instant up to taking 15 minutes....don't know why of the sudden change....I have not changed anything to my Gmail acct for this to be happening...they never take longer than 15 minutes, but I was use to "instant"....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 04:40 PM
    I use AOL and I had a problem receiving and sending Emails completely about a week ago. I had to clear out my email account and then go through the setup process for the email portion again. Seems to be working fine now.
    07-28-10 09:55 PM
    I use AOL and I had a problem receiving and sending Emails completely about a week ago. I had to clear out my email account and then go through the setup process for the email portion again. Seems to be working fine now.
    Please post a little more info:
    How did you "clear out your e-mail account"?
    Is your e-mail now instantaneous on your device or is there a delay?
    TIA
    07-28-10 09:58 PM
    Just in case anyone else is interested, my AOL e-mail delay to my phone (10-20 minutes) is still ongoing. I re-set my AT&T account, re-sent my phone's service books, and now I have finally spoken to AOL and they said that there is an ongoing AOL problem with their server that has been causing e-mail delays. They are "hopeful" that it will be fixed soon but they have no timetable.
    I just thought I would post this info in case anyone else was having AOL problems and I must agree with others that:
    AOL really does "suck"!
    08-18-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD