Any opinions on which one is better from some one who has tried both apps. I have e-gps but I was going to try Smart Guard out since its reduced in price. I do know in terms of price e-gps is a one time fee and Smart guard is a subscription price every month. Smart Guard does run in the background and takes up more memory as an app versus E-gps which doesnt run in the background and is lighter in terms app memory. Smart Guard does offer a better backup of contacts, call logs, emails and calender and e-gps just backs up contacts. Any other info that users of Smart Guard can add to this?
    Last edited by ak29; 01-02-10 at 12:37 AM.
    01-02-10 12:27 AM
    i just bought eGPS myself today and i've been trying to test out the location and alert feature but nothing has happened yet. its been a little while. is it supposed to take that long? did the battery pull and all that too. how is eGPS working for you btw?
    01-08-10 11:45 AM
    Did the emails arrive on your Bold?

It took a minute or two for the location email to come back to my gmail account. The alert was fairly quick.
    01-08-10 11:57 AM
    I sent through gmail from my laptop, but it never used to send to my phone gmail folder. Is that the reason why? Everytime I email myself from gmail whether from phone or laptop, it NEVER shows on phone inbox. Is there a setting I need to do to make that work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 12:22 PM
    So I just sent through another email and the alert works right away. But how do I fix that problem with sending the command from gmail since that would be the main email I would be using for those commands anyway

01-08-10 12:27 PM
    I have used both. Smrtguard and now e-GPS. I had Smrtguard for 6 months. To me, e-GPS is more what I need rather then Smrtguard. Smrtguard is very robust, it's own website, backup of your contacts, sms, email, notes, etc. The location for Smrtguard is right on their website. Very nice, although it still has a couple of small bugs.
    I don't need backup of my contacts or calendar because I use Google Sync for that. I was just looking for something if I lost my BB, I could locate it or wipe it if recovery is impossible. For this, e-GPS is all I need and the price ($.99 until 1/14) is unbeatable. My only complaint with e-GPS is when using the alert function, you have to reset the phone to turn off the alert. But ... I really don't lose my BB that much, LOL.
    01-09-10 11:42 AM

01-09-10 01:23 PM
    Thanks for gps

01-09-10 01:25 PM
    I have used both. Smrtguard and now e-GPS. I had Smrtguard for 6 months. To me, e-GPS is more what I need rather then Smrtguard. Smrtguard is very robust, it's own website, backup of your contacts, sms, email, notes, etc. The location for Smrtguard is right on their website. Very nice, although it still has a couple of small bugs.
    I don't need backup of my contacts or calendar because I use Google Sync for that. I was just looking for something if I lost my BB, I could locate it or wipe it if recovery is impossible. For this, e-GPS is all I need and the price ($.99 until 1/14) is unbeatable. My only complaint with e-GPS is when using the alert function, you have to reset the phone to turn off the alert. But ... I really don't lose my BB that much, LOL.
    Yeah instead of resetting the phone I just turn it off and on again to stop the alert function.
    01-09-10 05:28 PM
    Just installed the eGPS today. I'm a novice with my blackberry. I do have the tour. I finally figured out how to send the commands via email. With the alert command I had to turn the message alert on my bb emails to silent so it could work. It took me quite a while to figure that one out. I wished that little piece of info was explained. The location demand worked fine via email, but the location on the google map was off several houses. Does anyone know how to rectify this? Also, can u send the commands via sms from my email account. i know u can send texts from an email account but the command isnt going thru?????
    01-17-10 01:54 AM
    Just installed the eGPS today. I'm a novice with my blackberry. I do have the tour. I finally figured out how to send the commands via email. With the alert command I had to turn the message alert on my bb emails to silent so it could work. It took me quite a while to figure that one out. I wished that little piece of info was explained. The location demand worked fine via email, but the location on the google map was off several houses. Does anyone know how to rectify this? Also, can u send the commands via sms from my email account. i know u can send texts from an email account but the command isnt going thru?????
    eGPS is case sensitive and Blackberry by default (depending on the settings) capitalizes the first letter of the any sentance and it could be doing the same to your commands. check for CaSe senstitive commands.
    04-30-10 07:56 AM
    I sent through gmail from my laptop, but it never used to send to my phone gmail folder. Is that the reason why? Everytime I email myself from gmail whether from phone or laptop, it NEVER shows on phone inbox. Is there a setting I need to do to make that work?

The issue is you cannot send a message from your gmail account to your gmail account and have it show up on your BB. They have blocked this to keep from getting duplicate messages showing up on your BB. So, you have to send the message to/from a different account. So, if you are sending the message from your gmail account, it has to be sent to a different account (like your @blackberry account). Or, you can send the request from a different account, like hotmail or something, to your gmail account.

The response will be sent to the account you entered in the eGPS setup. If you have your gmail account set up on your BB, and have your gmail account set in eGPS, the response will show up on your BB as well.
    04-30-10 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD