For those who don't have a locator or remote wipe feature on their phone eGPS is on sale for 99 cents. Smrtguard came out with a free one but from what I've read it doesn't wipe your SD card.
    It allows you to remotely send a command to your phone that will have your phone email you, its GPS location, your address book with all your contact information, as well as remotely wipe your phone and SD card to protect all of your information. Also if you have misplaced your phone at home or office, you can send an alert command, and have it ring, even if the sounds are turned completely off or set to vibrate. Once downloaded and activated, it runs in the background, and works by command, through email or SMS.

Features:

* How it works:
    * Once you Enable the program, you can send remote commands to your phone to make it back up your contacts, send its GPS location, sound an alert even when your phone is muted/on vibrate (so that you can locate it), as well as remotely wipe the phone and memory card.
    * The commands are as follows:
    * contactsxxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) - to back up your contacts to your email.
    * locationxxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) - to send the GPS location of the phone.
    * alertxxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) - to sound an alert so you can locate your phone.
    * wipexxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) - to remotely wipe your phone and SD card.
    * The commands can be sent via SMS or email.
    here's the link to it in the Crackberry store- e-GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    02-11-10 10:41 AM
    I would love to purchase this app...I'm concerned about Verizon and the GPS portion of the application. Verizon is stingy with it's GPS capabilities on the Curve 8330. If someone can confirm that this works for the 8330 on Verizon's network, I will purchase it as well.
    02-11-10 01:42 PM
    i'm on AT&T. it says that you have to make sure your GPS is unblocked for third party apps for verizon
    is that an option that you control or you have to call verizon? just curious
    02-11-10 02:38 PM
    That is an option that Verizon controls, they will not unblock it for anybody. They make all 8330 Curve owners use VZNavigator if you want a GPS app.
    02-11-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD