The first day I had horrible battery life but it isn't bad today. I'm still at the office without having it plugged in and it is still above 90%. Granted I haven't used my phone other than to look at incoming emails but it doesn't seem to be draining anything in the background.
    01-08-10 03:00 PM
    Just installed the eGPS today. I'm a novice with my blackberry. I do have the tour. I finally figured out how to send the commands via email. With the alert command I had to turn the message alert on my bb emails to silent so it could work. It took me quite a while to figure that one out. I wished that little piece of info was explained. The location demand worked fine via email, but the location on the google map was off several houses. Does anyone know how to rectify this? Also, can u send the commands via sms from my email account. i know u can send texts from an email account but the command isnt going thru?????
    01-17-10 05:28 PM
    I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with battery life after installing e-GPS? any minor or significant changes?
    01-24-10 05:36 AM
    e-GPS has features that look very promising. However, the implementation of this program, fails miserably. The program fails to work consistently. The locate feature or the alert feature will occasionally for me, but the majority of the time, the commands seem to do nothing.

I contacted customer service and they suggested a battery pull. I pulled the batter again (also did it when I installed the program) and the results did not improve. I then emailed customer service back multiple times without a response. After a couple of weeks of no response, I asked Felix how I could get some assistance. He asked me for all of the various details on my Blackberry, what other programs I had running, etc., so he could send to the programmer to determine what the issue was. I sent this info off, and never got a reply from Felix or the developer. After several more weeks of no responses to emails, I asked for a full refund since this program does not work. Felix has refused to provide a refund. Blackberry App World will not respond either.

If you want to take a chance that this program may work, go for it and I wish you good luck. If you ever need technical support or customer service, good luck on getting any response. If you do get a response, I doubt it will help resolve the issue.

I suggest you save your money you would pay for this program, and instead go with the free version of SmrtGuard. I�ve used it for a few days, it works consistently, and their customer service is vastly superior to that offered for e-GPS.
    02-17-10 08:35 PM
    well i won a copy of eGPS this week and so far it seems to work ok. I did notice that the commands work better through sms rather than email. I havent tried the contacts backup yet, but I am going to later. The location works ok. The alert feature only works if your sms alert tone is off. If the tone is still on, you will hear the alert tone for a second then your sms tone overrides it. Other than that, this app is fine for me. I dont have any sensitive info on here so if it gets stolen, its not that big of a deal. I will still track it, then wipe it though.
    02-23-10 01:19 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD