Ok so having dust under the screen of a BB Curve seems to be a fairly common problem, and the only real way to fix it is by taking apart the entire phone.

Well, I may have found an easier way to get rid of it, or at least temporarily solve the problem. I was rapidly rubbing my finger back and forth across my Curve's screen, when I noticed the dust particles underneath began to move a bit with my finger strokes....static electricity.

Now the question is, what sort of material can I use that can capture enough static electricity to move these dust particles out of the middle of the screen? This is where I need your creative ideas. Which type of fabric, or other material would be best for this? HELP!!
    06-13-09 12:37 AM
    What about a balloon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 01:02 AM
    The thing that causes the static electricity on a balloon is a piece of fabric, that's why it sticks to you after some vigorous rubbing! Maybe a felt cloth?

06-13-09 01:07 AM
    I was thinking, run the balloon until there is static, then rub the balloon across the phone?

06-13-09 01:11 AM
    Thanks guys, I will have to give this a try. It would be very interesting if it works!
    06-13-09 09:40 AM
    Rub it on your cat? :-)

06-13-09 10:28 AM
    Ur original housing is getting dust under it? didnt know anyone was having that problem
    06-13-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD