Ok, so let's start by stating that I had a blackberry bold for 3 years. In that time I dropped it 2 and a half stories onto pavement, pieces everywhere . In a drunken stupor I kicked it across the road more than once, again pieces everywhere. Both times I put it back together and no problem, barely a scratch. I also dropped it into a pot of tomato sauce and a bucket of scallops , I'm a Chef by the way. Again both times I took it apart, dried it and back in business. So now I have the Z10, and I was worried about how it would hold up with me being a tad clumsy with the phone and my job not being the safest for it. Well it's been dropped a couple times and yesterday I somehow dropped it into a pot of boiling fiddleheads that were going to be turned into soup. Here I am using the phone now and it's as good as the day I bought it. Just as durable as prior models but way sexier and it does everything I could want. Thanks BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 11:54 AM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:16 PM
    Your phones go thru some serious use & abuse. But it's cool to hear about what it has survived. I hope when it was done U didn't just throw it away; a place on a mantle, or a proper burial would be more suited.
    06-05-13 01:25 PM
    Ok, so let's start by stating that I had a blackberry bold for 3 years. In that time I dropped it 2 and a half stories onto pavement, pieces everywhere . In a drunken stupor I kicked it across the road more than once, again pieces everywhere. Both times I put it back together and no problem, barely a scratch. I also dropped it into a pot of tomato sauce and a bucket of scallops , I'm a Chef by the way. Again both times I took it apart, dried it and back in business. So now I have the Z10, and I was worried about how it would hold up with me being a tad clumsy with the phone and my job not being the safest for it. Well it's been dropped a couple times and yesterday I somehow dropped it into a pot of boiling fiddleheads that were going to be turned into soup. Here I am using the phone now and it's as good as the day I bought it. Just as durable as prior models but way sexier and it does everything I could want. Thanks BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    So, as a chef in a drunken stupor, what else have you dropped into the food? Can you please let us know where you work so we know where NOT to eat?

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    06-05-13 01:32 PM
    I take mine into my sauna. Gets to 80c and about 45% RH

No issues so far. Mind you the Zed does not like getting dripped on. Messes up my emails lol.

Love my Z10

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 01:40 PM
    Ok just for the record the drunken stupor was not at work, was much later at night, lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:53 PM
    It's a damn good thing you're not a plumber!
    06-05-13 07:00 PM
    Ok, so even better. Raining out, get off work..get out of car and the phone takes a dive into a puddle. It still works.... i don't even know if I deserve it anymore but wow can it take the abuse. ps, I'm soooooo sorry Z10, you deserve better than this.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:50 AM
    One of these times it will not survive.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-12-13 01:43 AM
    Oh I know, never liked them on a nice phone but I think I need to get a case.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:55 PM
    Boiled blackberries for dessert?
    06-12-13 07:57 PM
    My dad accidently left his Z10 on top of his car after filling up with gas.. he then went through a luxury car wash and found his Z10 in the middle of the car wash, he went and got it and as soon as he got home stuck it in a bowl of rice, the media card, sim card, battery and phone all work perfectly.. amazing
    06-12-13 09:58 PM
    Good to know about durability. I've got about 50 ATV miles on my Z10 so far in Alaska. But fishing and hunting seasons are nigh still. And then there's the drunken stupors...

Once had a 9700 in my pack while fishing and didn't realize I had waded in salt water deep enough to submerge it. When I took it apart later the board was a corroded mess. That one didn't make it.

www.907outdoors.com
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 06-13-13 at 12:10 AM.
    06-13-13 12:00 AM