ok so heres what happened

i added some music to my blackberry

then i realized the mp3 tags were awful and innacurate

so i removed the mp3's from my blackberry, changed the mp3 tags and even renamed the files, then re-added them to my blackberry.

now its showing duplicates of the mp3's. theres 1 copy with the old tags, and 1 copy with the new tags. however, when i play a song from the old tag it shows the new tags in the player.

how do i fixed this? is there some media cache thats doing this?
    01-09-11 11:42 PM
    Allisvanity, you can try editing the file through your Files icon, or through a pc. I have experienced something similar and deleted dupes and had them all disappear.

Hey Kelly how do you pull the media card out with it on, when it's under the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 01-10-11 at 01:38 PM.
    01-10-11 01:34 PM
    With the device on, pull the media card and reinsert it.
    This fixed it. Thanks!
    01-10-11 02:51 PM
    You take the battery out, then you take the card out, start the phone, pull the battery, replace the card then the battery.

My curve tells me there are videos that are on my card that aren't after every back-up. Temp files on the pc?

Were you being facetious, albee 1?
    No harm intended kelly, it just sounded funny. I have noticed that if you drag files into the bb from itunes and then try to change the labeling, sometimes you get dupes. I don't know if the cure is relabeling them first in itunes before moving them or not. Or if some of the original info is embedded in the file and can't be changed. I have about 2gigs I have grabbed from the gf's itunes and after relabeling half there is only a small percentage that remain wrong. If you figure it out let us know!

As far as the phantom videos is it possible to go to Menu/Options/Memory and select Media Card/Repair? It will rescan the entire card and remove file fragments. That may make the ghosts disappear.

Last edited by albee 1; 01-10-11 at 04:54 PM.
    01-10-11 04:48 PM
    PC and XP kelly. Grabbed the music with stick off of the gf's library then transferred through the pc into my bb using Mass storage mode. Just dragged and dropped into my media card.

01-10-11 06:02 PM
    Try this. Right click any music file, then choose 'Properties' at the bottom of the context menu. Click the 'Details' tab and there you can enter/change info/tags. Click 'Apply' then 'OK.'
    Thanks kell, for some reason I never check the properties of my music before I drag it in. I'll remember that next time. I'd press the TY button but I'm posting from my bb!

To the Op, sorry for side tracking but this should solve your problem also!

01-10-11 09:37 PM
    Try this. Right click any music file, then choose 'Properties' at the bottom of the context menu. Click the 'Details' tab and there you can enter/change info/tags. Click 'Apply' then 'OK.'
    i use mp3tag. works great.
    01-10-11 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD