Hi everyone,

I am not sure what is causing this but I noticed it after I upgraded from OS 5 to OS 6. What happens is I type someone's name and in the search there contact comes up, I then hit the BB key, go to text them, and it asks which number. For example, one contact has a mobile, work, and 2 e-mail addresses that are the same! I am not sure why this happens and it's with more than one contact. Was it something when I upgraded that it just added the duplicate? I'm not sure but if it can't be fixed I guess I will have to wait until I get a new phone.

Thank you alot, this site is great!
    03-06-11 07:11 PM
    It just shows 2 duplicate e-mail addresses for the contact for some reason. No idea why
    03-07-11 06:36 AM
    Try going into contacts then - options - general options - allow duplicate contacts = no

Not sure if that is your problem or might be having two backups of contacts. I had the same issue and had my contacts back-up on outlook through DM and gmail wireless. I've since turned off the DM backup through outlook and stuck with gmail wireless only and so far no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-11 09:48 PM
    I'm having the same problem.. I had to manually delete each duplicate ugh.. I know that didn't fix it but it's not annoying anymore
    03-08-11 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD