Am I stupid if i do this? I have about 7GB of music right now.

i have an 8330 and the playback quality from the built in media player is good enough for me....is there something i'm overlooking?

On the curve i can actually search for music, IMO that's a 1 UP on the 5g ipod. I also already convert video's to watch on my curve and they come out great (i don't even watch too many on my curve though)

Thanks for your help in advance!!
    07-04-08 04:54 PM
    Your question has me completely lost. Generally, 5G (no letter B) means 5th Generation of the iPod~ commonly called iPod Video and it came in 30 and 80GB (letter B added). Are you saying that you have a 5GB iPod; which I've never heard of. iPods that small are 2, 4 & 8GB?
    07-04-08 05:19 PM
    yes please elaborate...but way to go by eliminating something you need to carry around
    do you have a 2600mah seidio battery?
    maybe something to look into if you plan to use it all the time
    07-04-08 05:47 PM
    I hardly use my 5G 60GB video ipod now that I have my 8310 with 8GB microSD and 2600 mah battery. I sync my curve with a playlist in iTunes. Only have 2GB of music out of my 25GB total. Works great for me, YMMV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 07:07 PM
    I wouldn't give up my ipods for the world. YMMV of course, but I prefer knowing my phone battery will be there should I need it, and not drained because I can't handle a little phone and a little ipod.
    07-04-08 07:40 PM
    I wouldn't give up my ipods for the world. YMMV of course, but I prefer knowing my phone battery will be there should I need it, and not drained because I can't handle a little phone and a little ipod.
    Im going to have to agree with this statement because my device can not handle phone calls, different apps, movies and music, did I mention text and bbm. IMO having both is better!
    07-04-08 07:49 PM
    Im going to have to agree with this statement because my device can not handle phone calls, different apps, movies and music, did I mention text and bbm. IMO having both is better!
    I have to agree with you both on this one. It's nice to have that all-in-one device, but despite what other people have to say about Apple, I absolutely enjoy my iPod.

I gave my 80GB to my son and bought the iPod Touch. Then got rid of that for the iPhone. Then sold that and got the iPod Touch again.

I've tried to make it thru the day listening to music, internet, and mail on my 8130 and I dont enjoy constantly checking my battery. Mainly I listen to audiobooks bought from audible and since the format is proprietary, my iPod takes care of my listening pleasures.
    07-04-08 09:58 PM
    anyone found a good carry case(arm band) for the 8310? i
    started using it for my music when I run, but haven't found a case yet.
    07-05-08 08:45 AM
    Check on ebay for a carry case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 08:49 AM
    good points everyone, to the person that was wondering...5G = 5th generation iPod.

I think i'm going to have to stick with keeping the ipod...most recently i just realized i have no way of rating my music with my blackberry. When that day comes, things will prob be different.

I do have an extra batt for my BB...so i don't think battery life would be a concern at all.

THANKS ALL!
    07-06-08 06:28 PM
    I wouldnt give up the IPod. Let me tell you i sold my IPod Touch 16GB about 3 weeks ago, in prep for getting the IPhone 3G this friday I figured...eh ill throw some tunes on my berry. It's the biggest pain to get to em. The quality is nice, but its not easy to put into playlists, its not easy to play and stop and then go back and play again....just ughhh

i can;t wait till friday lol!!! Keep the IPod.!!!!!!!
    07-06-08 06:36 PM
    good points everyone, to the person that was wondering...5G = 5th generation iPod.

I think i'm going to have to stick with keeping the ipod...most recently i just realized i have no way of rating my music with my blackberry. When that day comes, things will prob be different.

I do have an extra batt for my BB...so i don't think battery life would be a concern at all.

THANKS ALL!
    How do you charge the EXTRA BATTERY? Since my BB is tucked inside an Otterbox, battery changes are not that easy and certainly charging a battery inside, swapping it out when charged to put in the second would be a pain. But I can see charging a 2nd battery outside the unit and swapping only when necessary.
    07-06-08 10:21 PM
    I must say that even though I don't use my 30GB video iPod much anymore, I still love it. It is much better for transporting movies/videos than my BB. I can output the video to a TV with reasonable picture quality too. I also agree with the battery issue. It is nice to be able to listen to or watch something and still not worry about killing the battery on my phone.

And lastly, my wife now gets to use MY iPod for music since I use my BB for music and podcasts and such. She likes that.

I will be keeping my iPod for some time even though I don't give it the attention it deserves.
    07-06-08 10:27 PM
    I hardly ever use the media players in my phones. I sometimes put on enough songs to get me through mowing the lawn, other than that, I use my 5G iPod for music. Mainly, because I have a CD player with an iPhone connector in my car, so I can charge and listen to my mp3s through the radio.
    07-07-08 09:46 AM
    This would be a poor decision. Although you Berry technically supports your Media and you have an 8Gb microSD to suit your needs... you will end up extremely disappointed.

First of all, the UI of the iPod and the ease of use is top-notch. Going from iPod to Berry in terms of a media player is a sour move and it will leave you disappointed

Secondly, although your microSD card has the ability to store alll of that music... you will notice a considerable decrease in performance of your Berry. Your device is not really meant to index and organize all of those files! This is also disappointing and it will slow down your Berry...

IMO, you are better off keeping the iPod for music and media and using the Berry for some casual media here and there. Trading the iPod for music on a microSD and your Berry is a poor decision and will leave you upset!! Just my thoughts and experiences.
    07-07-08 09:52 AM
    I wouldnt give up the IPod. Let me tell you i sold my IPod Touch 16GB about 3 weeks ago, in prep for getting the IPhone 3G this friday I figured...eh ill throw some tunes on my berry. It's the biggest pain to get to em. The quality is nice, but its not easy to put into playlists, its not easy to play and stop and then go back and play again....just ughhh

i can;t wait till friday lol!!! Keep the IPod.!!!!!!!
    /rant on

I normally bring my iPod Touch to work with me everyday. Well, how about today, I forgot the d@mn3d thing and left it at home. Well, no problem, I have my music here on my Pearl- well, on the "media card."

NOT THE SAME! Not even the sound quality can be matched. Maybe because I'm fast with my Ipod and dont have to figure out how to do anything. On the BB, there are, IMO, too many steps just to even begin listening.

I said eff it- gonna go do something else now...

/rant off
    07-07-08 09:54 AM
    I'd have to agree. Keep your ipod. I have both the 8310 and a 5G 80GB Ipod. I wouldn't get rid of my ipod for anything. Right now I am listening to my ipod at work and BB messenging my husband. Besides I love having about 10 movies on my ipod, 15 TV episodes, an audio book, and about 7g of music. And still room to put more on. My 8310 is good for music if I am inclined to go for a short walk at lunch, that way I only carry one gadget, but I rely too much on both of my gadgets to get rid of either of them.
    Last edited by 3bondgirls; 07-07-08 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling mistake - drives me nuts
    07-07-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD