Do I stay with Sprint, who wants me to pay $425 for a BBPearl 8130, or do I dump them, pay the $200 cancel contract fee and go w/ Tmo BBPearl 8100 for $100?

Can I guilt trip Sprint into giving me the BBPearl for $200 or less? If I do that and decide to go w/ Tmo later can I use the 8130 I got from Sprint?

How reliable is "unlocking"?

Thanks in advance!!
    Jessie
    03-07-08 12:12 PM
    Crap. Apparently I put this in the wrong forum... sorry!!
    03-07-08 12:17 PM
    Do I stay with Sprint, who wants me to pay $425 for a BBPearl 8130, or do I dump them, pay the $200 cancel contract fee and go w/ Tmo BBPearl 8100 for $100?

Can I guilt trip Sprint into giving me the BBPearl for $200 or less? If I do that and decide to go w/ Tmo later can I use the 8130 I got from Sprint?

How reliable is "unlocking"?

Thanks in advance!!
    Jessie
    Sprint (or Verizon) use CDMA while T-Mo ( or ATT) use GSM.
    They are completely different technology that is not compatible

You can't use Sprint BB for T-mo so if you get Sprint BB you could only use it on other carrier that use CDMA.
    03-07-08 12:18 PM
    Heard a rumor that T-Mobile is trying to acquire Sprint, so you may be out of luck it they become one company.
    03-07-08 12:30 PM
    you could wait a month and get the 8120 from Tmo and if youv been with sprint long enuff you might beable to play guilt trip but iv herd verzion is the only one that that really works on
    03-07-08 01:18 PM
    Get rid of Sprint as fast as you can.....just kidding. I think they will have the curve before long if I read that article right. It all comes down to service in my way of thinking, not the device.
    If you like your service keep it, if not, try something else.
    03-07-08 06:48 PM
    you could only use an unlocked Sprint berry on Sprint, Verizon, or Alltell.

That said, good luck talking them down. if you're a long term customer with good standings, they still won't cut you much of a break
    03-07-08 08:32 PM
    You should of got rid of them when they added those fees January 1st 2008. They should of sent you a flier or something with the info.

I called them and told them I didnt agree with the new terms of service and I had 30 days to cancel without an ETF if i didnt agree. They let me go and without any ETF.
    03-07-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD