I am rather new to the world of smartphones. I currently use the first generation iPhone. I love the internet browser to kill downtime at work. I do use e-mail on it quite often to keep in touch with family overseas. I've found myself using the e-mail feature on the iPhone increasingly and find myself wanting more out of e-mail (send and receive videos and photos), so of course that leads me to BlackBerry.

I am not very familiar with BlackBerry. What I do like about BB is all of the features that are available camera w/ flash, video, MMS (I cringe whenever I get an MMS message on the iPhone. I will puke if I have to visit that AT&T website again to view my message). Strange that a phone such as the iPhone lacks a video camera and MMS, while my 2 year old Motorola Razr had those features. I am curious about Instant Messenger. Is it similiar to Yahoo Messenger used on a desktop computer? If so, I would like to use it to chat with family overseas, is it possible?

I am currently with AT&T and if I were to get at BB, I would wait for the Bold to eventually be released. Is the internet browser on the Bold comperable to the iPhone? I do enjoy the touchscreen of the iPhone, is there plans for a touchscreen BB on AT&T?

I am very new to the world of smartphones and BB. Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    09-13-08 06:52 PM
    A touch screen BB will be exclusive to Verizon -- at least initially. However, I think you'll be happy with the Bold and won't miss the touch screen at all.

I was a Treo (touch screen) user and thought I would miss the touch screen when I switched to a BB but I never did. I love my BB.

Safari on the iPhone is great. The browser on a BB isn't bad but not as great as the iPhone. I have no problems with it.

Go for the BB, you'll love it. Email is superb!
    09-13-08 06:59 PM
    09-14-08 02:29 AM
    i say go blackberry you wont be sorry
    09-14-08 03:06 AM
    i say go blackberry you wont be sorry

I agree I just purchased the BB Curve and its awesome! Hands down the best phone!
    09-14-08 06:43 AM
    WARNING!!! BlackBerries have been know to cause a severe addiction!. If you think you have a BB addiction, please call: 1-800-IMADDICTED.
    09-14-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD