Will there be a BlackBerry 10 OS handset launched this year? - Ask CNET Asia

"Will there be a BlackBerry 10 OS handset launched this year?

The bad news is there won't be any new BlackBerry handsets this year. RIM, under the leadership of new CEO Thorsten Heins, has officially declared that the company will only be releasing new handsets in the first quarter of next year. If you can't wait, now's a good time to jump ship to either iOS or Android. There's the spiffy new iPhone 5, as well as plenty of high-end Android smartphones such as the HTC One X or the Galaxy S III. If you have the patience, the upcoming Nokia Lumia 920 running on the Windows Phone 8 platform looks very promising, too."
    11-20-12 07:44 PM
    I like how they worded it as a question and answer way so they can twist it to be completely negative while making it seem like it's not their fault.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-20-12 07:48 PM
    This is just one of many
    11-20-12 07:49 PM
    I like how they worded it as a question and answer way so they can twist it to be completely negative while making it seem like it's not their fault.
    And trying to convince you to switch to the competition.
    11-20-12 07:55 PM
    I guess biased and stupid CNET reporting isn't just limited to North America.
    11-20-12 08:09 PM
    Wow the hate on RIM is pretty hardcore these days.
    11-20-12 09:13 PM
    the guy's picture says a thousand words
    11-21-12 05:52 AM
    I don't get how this is dumb.

What he says is true... if you can't wait - there's plenty of options out there. I know A LOT of people who got tired of waiting and have jumped ship to iOS and Android.
    11-21-12 08:21 AM
    C'mon guys, stop being so sensitive. I know there's a fair amount of BlackBerry hating going on, but sometimes, I think we read a little too much into things.

The question was whether there would be BB10 phones available this year. The writer responded that there wouldn't be until next year and suggested devices that are currently available or that would soon be available this year.
    MADBRADNYC and mikeo007 like this.
    11-21-12 08:54 AM
    C'mon guys, stop being so sensitive. I know there's a fair amount of BlackBerry hating going on, but sometimes, I think we read a little too much into things.

The question was whether there would be BB10 phones available this year. The writer responded that there wouldn't be until next year and suggested devices that are currently available or that would soon be available this year.
    Suggested to who? Who wrote that question? If it's anonymous, it probably has been altered, in which case it could be altered to the less-loaded question "When is Blackberry 10 coming out?"
    11-21-12 09:42 AM
    I've clicked on every link on the first few pages and all of the questions appear to be presented without authorship.
    It is a simple question and answer drop. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I see no reason or evidence as to why any question would be or is altered in any way.

Maybe the dissatisfaction should be directed towards the individual asking.
    But, then again it just seems like a general consumer question from someone who does not closely follow RIM/BlackBerry news.
    I see that exact same question asked here by n00bs often.

I think many may be just miffed that other platforms were offered that are available currently, rather than a recommendation to "Believe" and wait until next year.
    11-21-12 11:53 PM
    Yeah. The writer should have written "Will there be any BB10 handsets in the next two months?". Lol. "This year" as the choice of phrase is kind of lame, even though technically accurate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 12:44 AM
    I apologize as I seem to be at a loss here.
    Can someone please educate me or clarify about what is being stated here?

The writer answered the question that was posed to him, correct?
    So, why are people saying the writer "should have/could have - did say/didn't say - etc." about that question?
    The writer did not "write" the question. He "answered" the question.
    How is he responsible for the wording of the question posed to him?

Also, why is it not believable that someone typed in that question and he just responded?
    What is all the talk about editing the question just because the question has no authorship?
    Even here at CB we can submit questions/news for blog posts and have the option to be mentioned or not regarding anonymity of authorship.

I'm pretty sure the writer/CNET retains analytics and/or records of receiving the question and the email address it came from.

I continue to wonder if this is just a case of sour grapes because he didn't recommend to wait for BB10...
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    11-22-12 01:27 AM
    I apologize as I seem to be at a loss here.
    Can someone please educate me or clarify about what is being stated here?

The writer answered the question that was posed to him, correct?
    So, why are people saying the writer "should have/could have - did say/didn't say - etc." about that question?
    The writer did not "write" the question. He "answered" the question.
    How is he responsible for the wording of the question posed to him?

Also, why is it not believable that someone typed in that question and he just responded?
    What is all the talk about editing the question just because the question has no authorship?
    Even here at CB we can submit questions/news for blog posts and have the option to be mentioned or not regarding anonymity of authorship.

I'm pretty sure the writer/CNET retains analytics and/or records of receiving the question and the email address it came from.

I continue to wonder if this is just a case of sour grapes because he didn't recommend to wait for BB10...
    But who wrote the question?
    If it was one he got mailed to him, then he may have also received others with different wording. Why choose this specific one?
    I'm not saying that he definitely modified the question, but the one question he chose to answer is awfully loaded.
    11-22-12 09:09 AM
    You have to understand that in most countries in Asia, English is not the first language, it's probably second or third. So grammatically speaking, this question seems to be correct to whoever sent this in. And the author just answered it plainly and a point blank yes/no. I see no objection as to why he didn't mention BB10. This is not atypical in customer service, if your answer is no, you offer alternatives which are workable and available at that time.
    11-22-12 09:34 AM
    I wonder if the reaction would be the same if the question was regarding a Nexus 5 or iPhone 6 being available this year, and the writer suggested current and soon to be released devices between now and next fall (like BB10) in his answer. Probably not. Again, probably cause everyone is sensitive about anti-BlackBerry sentiment - both real and imagined.

I get that we're all frustrated and sick of seeing the negative press. One way to fight that? Stop re-posting all the articles you come across...
    MADBRADNYC, Cesare21 and mikeo007 like this.
    11-22-12 10:09 AM
    uselss article....does it make any sense ?
    11-22-12 10:13 AM
    But who wrote the question?
    If it was one he got mailed to him, then he may have also received others with different wording. Why choose this specific one?
    I'm not saying that he definitely modified the question, but the one question he chose to answer is awfully loaded.
    But, why are you getting upset over something you admit is an imagined unknown?
    You don't know that he "received others with different wording".
    You don't know that he chose "this specific one".
    And, if you cannot say "definitely", why muss yourself about it?
    I've seen very intelligent members such as yourself tell other members not to jump to conclusions about BB10 and wait for it to come out before complaining about a feature, success, or market share, saying it's too early for speculation.

Why are some here jumping to conclusions about a question fielded from some random person in Asia.
    As pointed out, the site questions themselves may have been poorly translated.

I've seen the same type of questions fielded right here on CB from n00bs, and behind the anonymity user names.
    No one says this to them here. They just provided their best educated guesses.
    Not every general consumer knows about BB10, or about it's release. Just us Geeks who follow closely.

None of this makes sense to me. But, I guess that's what makes us all different.
    You've the right to express your opinion to think the writer conspired or made a concerted effort to somehow bash RIM.
    I choose not to do so. Especially with all the conjecture surrounding the members statements here.

Thanks for your explanation.
    11-22-12 12:06 PM
    Stop re-posting all the articles you come across...
    Bottom line.
    11-22-12 12:08 PM
    Lol at the Lumia part. If they really have patience wouldn't they wait for the BlackBerry phones to come out?
    11-22-12 12:16 PM
    Not every general consumer knows about BB10, or about it's release. Just us Geeks who follow closely.
    I just wanted to pull this single line out.

This fact, that BB10 is not widely know about, is a big part of RIM's problem. All of this information needs to be much more widely disseminated, so that the general population knows all about BB10, about all the great features, AS THEY DEVELOP. Any person who watches TV at all, should know about BB10, because advertisements should be splashed everywhere. It astonishes me that RIM is not advertising properly.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-22-12 12:44 PM
    But, why are you getting upset over something you admit is an imagined unknown?
    You don't know that he "received others with different wording".
    You don't know that he chose "this specific one".
    And, if you cannot say "definitely", why muss yourself about it?
    I've seen very intelligent members such as yourself tell other members not to jump to conclusions about BB10 and wait for it to come out before complaining about a feature, success, or market share, saying it's too early for speculation.

Why are some here jumping to conclusions about a question fielded from some random person in Asia.
    As pointed out, the site questions themselves may have been poorly translated.

I've seen the same type of questions fielded right here on CB from n00bs, and behind the anonymity user names.
    No one says this to them here. They just provided their best educated guesses.

None of this makes sense to me. But, I guess that's what makes us all different.
    You've the right to express your opinion to think the writer conspired or made a concerted effort to somehow bash RIM.
    I choose not to do so. Especially with all the conjecture surrounding the members statements here.

Thanks for your explanation.
    This:
    Lol at the Lumia part. If they really have patience wouldn't they wait for the BlackBerry phones to come out?
    Note how he words it like " If you have the patience, the upcoming Nokia Lumia 920 running on the Windows Phone 8 platform looks very promising, too." which can imply that BB10 doesn't appear promising, despite everything said about it so far. Virtually the entire article, including the question, is spun to put BB in a bad light while promoting it's competitors.

I can do the reverse:

Will there be a BlackBerry 10 OS handset launched this year?

No. Research In Motion is committed to ensuring that their new Blackberry 10 operating system is as complete and bug free as possible. Due to difficulties in making the OS, RIM will not be launching BB10 until January 30th, with carrier availability withing 30 days of that. if you are unable to wait, there are some excellent iOS and Android devices on the market such as the iPhone 5, HTC One X, or the Galaxy S III. The upcoming Lumina 920, running Windows Phone 8, will also be available soon and is an excellent alternative.
    Cesare21 likes this.
    11-22-12 02:04 PM
    Note how he words it like " If you have the patience, the upcoming Nokia Lumia 920 running on the Windows Phone 8 platform looks very promising, too." which can imply that BB10 doesn't appear promising, despite everything said about it so far. Virtually the entire article, including the question, is spun to put BB in a bad light while promoting it's competitors.
    I continue to say that it is your perception and imagination that is driving this... From your own words... But, that's your prerogative.
    I can do the reverse:
    Will there be a BlackBerry 10 OS handset launched this year?

No. Research In Motion is committed to ensuring that their new Blackberry 10 operating system is as complete and bug free as possible. Due to difficulties in making the OS, RIM will not be launching BB10 until January 30th, with carrier availability withing 30 days of that. if you are unable to wait, there are some excellent iOS and Android devices on the market such as the iPhone 5, HTC One X, or the Galaxy S III. The upcoming Lumina 920, running Windows Phone 8, will also be available soon and is an excellent alternative.
    If you read the passage, the writer did provide a link informing readers of Thor's intention to release it next year. You just had to follow through with the story.
    Instead of being able to upgrade to the new BlackBerry 10 devices this year, they will have to wait till Q1 2013.
    And, if you thought that first post was bad, maybe you shouldn't even read through it then. You will feel even worse. LoL....
    RIM delays BlackBerry 10 OS, posts Q1 losses - Crave - Mobile Phones - CNET Asia
    11-22-12 04:51 PM
    This is almost humerous in its execution. I was wondering if it was a real article for a second there...
    11-22-12 05:07 PM
    It's not a "real" article.
    It is a Q & A drop.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    11-22-12 05:11 PM
29 12