How do I make more storage space for applications? how do I know which themes to delete? I tried deleting myspace but it still shows up no matter how many times I restart my phone...sigh

I swear I am turning as technologically challenged as my mother
    11-27-10 10:28 PM
    The myspace icon is just that and. Pushed by the carrier. You can't get rid of it. Just hide it. I don't see what phone you're on but to be sure to have space for apps make sure you have your pics and music on an sd card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 11:06 PM
    I would be very careful deleting themes. Any of the stock themes need to stay on your device if you wish to use any form of a custom theme. Believe me, I've deleted them and had a pain reinstalling them. It resulted in a reinstall of the OS. I would just delete any big email attachments that you may have, and delete any 3rd party apps you don't want. Apps don't take up that much space keep in mind.

11-28-10 12:43 AM
    Unless you're on an old 8300, deleting themes and stuff like the "change log" is a waste of time. Chances are, if you're running low on space, you might need to move things like pictures and MP3s over to a memory card vs the device memory. So I wouldn't recommend deleting anything that can't be gotten rid of through the Desktop Manager.

11-28-10 03:15 AM
    BB101 BlackBerry Help | CrackBerry.com has really simple instructions. Enjoy.
    11-28-10 07:33 AM
    How do I make more storage space for applications? how do I know which themes to delete? I tried deleting myspace but it still shows up no matter how many times I restart my phone...sigh

I swear I am turning as technologically challenged as my mother
    This will help, you can delete all the stock themes and even the carrier branded one if you install the stock "Precision Zen Theme" first. This will also enable you to run 8520/8530 themes on a 8330 running Os 5. I removed All my stock themes with BBsak. The only themes I have now are the stock precision zen and 1 custom theme. There is another thread for using BBsak and removing COD files. But the link I am posting is a good place to start.

Last edited by albee 1; 11-28-10 at 08:46 AM.
    11-28-10 08:43 AM
    Here is the link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

11-28-10 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD