So I called this car dealership. I dialed from the home screen and hit the green button. After the call I hung up w/ the red button.

Here's the weirdness: I wanted to see the number again so I could write it down, so from the home screen I hit the green button once and... the call to the car dealership is not listed! What gives? It has several other calls listed from yesterday etc, but not the call I just made? Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

01-07-09 12:19 PM
    try:

in message folder,

menu
    view folder
    phone call logs

Phone call log and missed call log should be there.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-07-09 at 12:24 PM.
    01-07-09 12:22 PM
    messages, view folder, phone call log, try there

Or, messages box, then ALT+O
    01-07-09 12:22 PM
    it's not there either. It only shows two calls today, both to or from my wife. It does not show the two numbers I've called today that I had to dial. It's like it's only showing numbers that are already in my address book.
    01-07-09 12:28 PM
    could be a fluke. try doing a reset and see if it shows up.

also could be low memory but that isn't likely since you have a vzw curve. what is your memory looking like?

as well check:

phone
    menu
    options
    call logging

AND

phone
    menu
    options
    phone list view
    01-07-09 02:04 PM
    This happened with my curve before, if you have lots of apps on your Berry coupled with lots of messages (email,mms,sms) and/or missed, made and received calls your BB will drop some of that info first to make space for your other apps and keep your BB running smoothly, my curves situation was so bad when I had alot of themes, wallpapers etc. on it at one time that every night I would meet at least 10 - 20 emails gone, just disappeared. My call log list would also be gone, after I deleted a few themes and one or two apps it seemed to fix the problem.
    01-07-09 02:32 PM
    Well, I changed call logging to "all", and now my history works with all calls. But I hate that all my calls are in my messages inbox along with my text's and emails. Anyway to separate the two?
    01-07-09 02:33 PM
    I have NONE logged there.

Perhaps you could try none, or missed calls to be logged.

PS.. whats your file free?
    01-07-09 02:35 PM
    Well, I changed call logging to "all", and now my history works with all calls. But I hate that all my calls are in my messages inbox along with my text's and emails. Anyway to separate the two?
    lol, no. the solution for that is to turn OFF call logging. then you will not have calls logged into your message folder.
    01-07-09 02:35 PM
    File Free: 42546796 bytes.

Thats 42 MB, right?

rachel0179 are you getting everything in your call history w/ logging turned off? And are you really from NZ?
    01-07-09 02:43 PM
    Your memory sounds good, not a memory issue

Yes, I do, I can either look in my phone log, or the view folders if Ive cleaned the call log out.

I dont want to log missed calls, cuz my phone has that icon and also a missed call pop up, redundant having them logged too LOL and I dont need to log all calls in messages, as my call log does it.

So this just started today you said..

Yes, Im orginally from NZ>
    01-07-09 02:48 PM
    So this just started today you said..
    Just noticed it today but it's only like day 8 since I got my berry, lol. I'm still learning. :-)

I spent two years in NZ. Loved it. That place rocks. Didn't spend much time up around Aukland; mostly the south island and wellington area. I actually fell in love with New Plymouth while I was there. Beautiful.
    01-07-09 02:53 PM
    My brother lives there, you may have gone to or thru Stratford, thats my home town.

Try deleting all your call logs, and the phone call log under the View folder bit, place a few calls, see if they log.

Also, when you called the dealership, did someone answer? or did you hang up before that?
    01-07-09 02:56 PM
    yup, the dealership answered, so I don't know why that call isn't logged anywhere.

Going to have to attack this again later, got to get back to work!
    01-07-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD