Again Android subject, but I'll be brief.
    Would OS dualism be an answer for improving BB position Worldwide? I dont mean dual boot, i mean for instance Z10 BB10 version and Z10 android version, just like HTC makes android and windows phones.
    BB10 phones would satisfie BB lovers, and android version will grant versatility and bigger market share. That would be also benefit for BES since companies wouldnt have to ditch bb for android(as they tend to do lately).
    Thoughts?
    06-14-15 07:36 AM
    Would OS dualism be an answer for improving BB position Worldwide? I dont mean dual boot, i mean for instance Z10 BB10 version and Z10 android version, just like HTC makes android and windows phones.
    BB10 phones would satisfie BB lovers, and android version will grant versatility and bigger market share. That would be also benefit for BES since companies wouldnt have to ditch bb for android(as they tend to do lately).
    Thoughts?
    Any company is free to do so with Android and Windows phone. The problem is that no Android OEM can touch BB10 with BB10 has the Android runtime in it.
    06-14-15 07:39 AM
    Any company is free to do so with Android and Windows phone. The problem is that no Android OEM can touch BB10 with BB10 has the Android runtime in it.
    I dont quite understand you, why would Android OEM do anything on device with BB10 on it? Outsource Android devices to Foxconn for instance, and keep BB10 devices with BB in charge. They can even make something like BBA(Blackberry android) branding and publish phones under that name.
    06-14-15 07:49 AM
    I dont quite understand you, why would Android OEM do anything on device with BB10 on it? Outsource Android devices to Foxconn for instance, and keep BB10 devices with BB in charge. They can even make something like BBA(Blackberry android) branding and publish phones under that name.
    There are rules google set up to gain access to google play services. One of those rules is that an OEM cannot both produce Google Android devices and also OSs with Android runtimes (and BB10 has the runtime). It's not about outsourcing hardware, it would still be an BB devices (like Z3 was outsources, but it was still a BB device).
    06-14-15 07:52 AM
    Thoughts?
    Dualism? No. The Blackberry name is tainted.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:23 AM
    Hey you just made up an ism. Which is a fine example of sophistrism.
    06-14-15 08:57 AM
    The answer is MARKETING
    06-14-15 10:07 AM