This makes sense for business users.

One number for work another for personal.... isn't that the whole point of BlackBerry balance is, to truly separate your two worlds?

WHY doesn't BlackBerry delivery!?

Posted via CB10
    Tim Lin, rai187 and Got2GetAway like this.
    07-21-14 06:12 PM
    I agree. Certainly the higher-end, newer devices would benefit from this, like Q10 & Z30 previously and Passport & Classic (and hopefully Z50) in near future.
    At this point, BBRY should be throwing as many options out there as they can for users. Granted, this would take some OS changes to work, but they need to overcome any objections prospective users might have to BB10.
    07-21-14 06:21 PM
    +1.

BlackBerry should go dual SIM for all its EM phones and at least some of its NA models.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:27 PM
    This makes sense for business users.

One number for work another for personal.... isn't that the whole point of BlackBerry balance is, to truly separate your two worlds?

WHY doesn't BlackBerry delivery!?

Posted via CB10
    You can solve the problem with Google voice
    07-21-14 06:40 PM
    Its actually the lower end devices that benefit from dual sim as varying rates affect those who can less afford it more than those in emerging markets that can afford to buy flagship phones. Dual sim is very popular where the Z3 is competing which surprised me that Z3 wasn't a dual sim phone.
    07-21-14 06:40 PM
    You can solve the problem with Google voice
    Google voice? Aren't t Google services required for that

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:31 PM
    Maybe it's just too damn expensive?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:43 AM
    Its actually the lower end devices that benefit from dual sim as varying rates affect those who can less afford it more than those in emerging markets that can afford to buy flagship phones. Dual sim is very popular where the Z3 is competing which surprised me that Z3 wasn't a dual sim phone.
    It is also important for people who can afford high end phones.

But the Z3 definitely should have it, if you look at its intended market.
    07-22-14 01:00 AM
    It's probably too expensive and a very niche request for blackberry to pursue doing this but I think if they're really all about the business users now then this should definitely be considered!!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:10 AM
    I agree. Certainly the higher-end, newer devices would benefit from this, like Q10 & Z30 previously and Passport & Classic (and hopefully Z50) in near future.
    At this point, BBRY should be throwing as many options out there as they can for users. Granted, this would take some OS changes to work, but they need to overcome any objections prospective users might have to BB10.
    Yup. I agree. Would be great for business travelers. I remember my old BlackBerry World, which was CDMA but also had a sim so when I traveled I could pop in a sim and get local service.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-22-14 06:03 PM
    I definitely would love the dual sim card option!

One for my wife and one for my girlfriend!

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    07-24-14 07:50 AM
    I definitely would love the dual sim card option!

One for my wife and one for my girlfriend!

Posted via CB10
    You should be advertising BlackBerry.
    With your example there would be a lot of people that would need the balance feature and to have the ?workspace? secured.
    I guess it would be nice to have the sms from one sim in the workspace environment.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:10 AM
    In this day and age, I still don't understand why we need two sim card. I'm pretty sure they can design a new standard that one sim card can carry more than one carrier! Phone manufacturer just need to agree on something

Posted via CB10
    barbas79 likes this.
    07-24-14 08:12 AM
    In this day and age, I still don't understand why we need two sim card. I'm pretty sure they can design a new standard that one sim card can carry more than one carrier! Phone manufacturer just need to agree on something

Posted via CB10
    I think Apple wanted to make simless multicarrier iPhones, but the carriers refused.
    07-24-14 11:55 AM
    I think Apple wanted to make simless multicarrier iPhones, but the carriers refused.
    Having a SIM is practical though... Cause it allows switching devices without having the hassle to call the carrier. So i would love a multi carrier SIM instead!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:25 PM
    Having a SIM is practical though... Cause it allows switching devices without having the hassle to call the carrier. So i would love a multi carrier SIM instead!

Posted via CB10
    The point is that if it's true that operators didn't want the simless multi solution, they probably would not want a multi carrier SIM either.

When did you see an operator selling dual SIM phones?
    07-24-14 02:49 PM
    And that's why BB should offer it.... Operators hardly carry the fones. I have 2 contracts on my dual sim moto g and would love to buy a bb10 dual sim as I Won't carry 2 handsets ever again.
    07-24-14 03:10 PM
    And that's why BB should offer it.... Operators hardly carry the fones. I have 2 contracts on my dual sim moto g and would love to buy a bb10 dual sim as I Won't carry 2 handsets ever again.
    Yes, dual sim option should exist, but multi carrier sim might not be possible as things stand.
    07-24-14 03:27 PM
    The point is that if it's true that operators didn't want the simless multi solution, they probably would not want a multi carrier SIM either.

When did you see an operator selling dual SIM phones?
    Yeah I know that no one wants of offer that! They all want you to pay those roaming charges.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:58 PM
    I always ask the same thing. We need dual sim phones

#BBFactCheck
    07-25-14 10:09 AM
    We need them for people how live in 2 cities, we need it to manage an adecuate bring your device to work dynamic - changing number (whe that happens) having your whatsapp and any other apps that manages through # cell phone number

Posted via CB10
    Trully likes this.
    10-12-14 09:55 AM
    Ya go to dual sim or triple sim!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:02 AM
    My present Phone is Blackberry Bold 9900, and I have been looking forward to changing to the Classic soon, I have been with Orange over 20 years, and have 2 lines ( 2 numbers ) on my phone for as long as that, Orange phoned me on Friday and told me they were turning off Line 2 on November 15th, and were sending me my line 2 number on a sim through the post. This will present huge problems, all my business calls come through line 2, and I divert when busy or on Day off/ Holidays to staff. I cannot carry around two phones, so if Classic doesn't have 2 sims, it looks like I will have to look for a Dual sim phone elsewhere. Therefore ending my long love affair with Blackberry, Come on Blackberry fill this need, Business NEEDS dual sim Blackberrys
    11-09-14 04:47 PM
    Didn't BlackBerry buy a company that allows more than one number on a sim?

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-09-14 05:22 PM
    Didn't BlackBerry buy a company that allows more than one number on a sim?

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Yes, they acquired Movirtu, which should make dual sim phones obsolete.

Posted from the original Zed (Z10)
    11-09-14 05:40 PM
34 12