Taking a closer look at the DTEK app and the explanation of what it does, there are several apps on Google play store that do the same thing. One still has no control over app permissions as in Android 6.0 so, these apps only act as some sort of firewall, anti virus, etc. Perhaps DTEK differs buy notifying you of an app trying to access personal info......then what happens next?...does it prevent access? Does it give one control over app permissions? Does it generally protect hackers from accessing private data? Can anyone explain what BlackBerry has done to the priv to make it more secure in comparison to the other android devices? It's one factor I'm interested in knowing so I could know how much I could do on my Priv(when I get it)....

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 08:00 AM
    Taking a closer look at the DTEK app and the explanation of what it does, there are several apps on Google play store that do the same thing. One still has no control over app permissions as in Android 6.0 so, these apps only act as some sort of firewall, anti virus, etc. Perhaps DTEK differs buy notifying you of an app trying to access personal info......then what happens next?...does it prevent access? Does it give one control over app permissions? Does it generally protect hackers from accessing private data? Can anyone explain what BlackBerry has done to the priv to make it more secure in comparison to the other android devices? It's one factor I'm interested in knowing so I could know how much I could do on my Priv(when I get it)....

Posted via CB10
    We'll have to wait for some reviews... based on the info that BlackBerry has posted it's a monitoring tool that sends out notifications and allows you to make manual changes to permissions.... after the fact.
    10-30-15 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not much info on DTEK but your last question can be answered by reading this blog post:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/10/...roid-platform/

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 08:28 AM
    Not much info on DTEK but your last question can be answered by reading this blog post:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/10/...roid-platform/

Posted via CB10
    Pardon my negligence.....I'd actually read that before, so perhaps shouldn't have asked the other question of how the Priv differs. So I guess we all have to wait to see the DTEK functionality to really grab if and how it is different from the others.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:45 AM