This gets me all the time. I take a call in my house where my BB is on my home wireless network, then I jump in the car while talking on the same call and drive away. I get 200 feet away from the house and my call drops cause I am out of range of my WiFi. Can't the phone manage the transition from WiFi to T-mobiles network without dropping the call? Thanks
    10-02-10 11:39 PM
    hmm. never thought of this. though it seems logical to me that there's got to be a disconnection from one before the other can connect, whether wired or wireless.
    10-03-10 12:06 AM
    hmm. never thought of this. though it seems logical to me that there's got to be a disconnection from one before the other can connect, whether wired or wireless.
    I agree. Same happened when I went out of range from my router uploading a small twitter video and it failed lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 12:54 AM
    UMA handoff is always going to be an issue. Older OS for Blackberry seemed to work better than the current OS5. Most, but not all T-Mobile users have had the best results with OS 5.0.0.714. Other users have haf better results with OS 5.0.0.86x. Another suggestion is to turn off your 3G network & only use your 2G network when you know you are going to be transitioning from UMA to the network.
    10-03-10 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD