I have ATT and a Bold 9000 and have been for the last two months dropping at least one call per day. They did a "case" and found nothing, they chgd my sim, no different, now they are saying its the phone ??? What do you guys think
    05-16-11 12:11 PM
    Well the 9000 is old. BUT I would have to say that it is not hardware related. If it were then I would see more frequent drops than 1 per day. Does it seem to happen when moving around or when stationary? Are you in an area with solid 4G coverage or could you possibly in a fringe area where the signal gets handed off to 2G and then back to 3G? Have you tried the famous battery pull to see if that clears the issue?
    05-16-11 12:17 PM
    Do you still get dropped calls if you change you mobile network options from 3G & 2G to 2G only?
    05-16-11 12:28 PM
    well it happens even if im standing still and I have a ATT tower 1/4 mile from me right now...I have not tried turning off 3g but wouldnt that affect my internet usage ?? or can i shut it off at the phone only ??
    05-16-11 12:34 PM
    That affects both Data and Voice. Give it a shot and see if the issue persists. If not then have ATT open a ticket for handoff issues.
    05-16-11 12:47 PM
    ???? handoff issues ?? They already did a "case" and said its not their problem. They said I needed a new phone but they wont send me on for free, ive been with them since 1992
    05-16-11 01:04 PM
    I cannot offer any help, however I can say I have the same exact issue. I have a Bold 9000 and on AT&T. I am in south Florida, Martin and Palm Beach counties.

Anecdotally, I have more dropped calls, stationary or moving, to AT&T numbers than others.

I battery pull every few days. Also often get a white screen of death when the call drops.

I'll be watching this thread to see what smart people have to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 01:49 PM
    It is possible that the OS could have some effect on the reception, depending on the radio files. Therefore, trying a different OS might make a difference.

I have not used a 9000 since November 2010, so I can no longer offer any suggestions on which OS has the best radio files.
    05-16-11 01:53 PM
    Try updating your OS, like the post above me it might be your OS. It could just be AT&T's spotty service.
    05-16-11 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD