a hot potato!!

Ok, I've had my Curve 8310 since February & I've dropped it about 6 times. There's no really bad damage & there's really only ONE noticeable scratch at the top.

My friend told me to call in & have another one sent before I start having problems. My phone seems to be running fine but should I be worried?

Your opinions mean a lot!

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-08 02:57 PM
    why are you going to ask for another? im sure they're going to ask...
    04-03-08 03:09 PM
    Why would they even send you another one? It's your fault that the phone has been dropped.
    04-03-08 03:11 PM
    I don't see it happening, but, good luck.
    04-03-08 03:16 PM
    I would be worried because the drop/s could have loosen up some parts inside. It may not be loose enough right now for it to stop working but eventually it will be through normal use. That's pretty much the case with all electronic products imho.

If I were you I'd just hope that it starts f-ing up before your warranty expires so you can get a replacement if needed.

04-03-08 03:23 PM
    You need to throw that sucker.

That'll get the ball rolling.
    04-03-08 03:31 PM
    I would be worried because the drop/s could have loosen up some parts inside. It may not be loose enough right now for it to stop working but eventually it will be through normal use. That's pretty much the case with all electronic products imho.

If I were you I'd just hope that it starts f-ing up before your warranty expires so you can get a replacement if needed.

Oh yeah I understand the reason why they would be worried but those are not manufacturer defects. If you first purchased it and it had loose parts then that's another story. I don't see any reason why they would replace the phone when it was the user who may have caused those loose parts by dropping the phone.
    04-03-08 03:34 PM
    Yeah, they're most likely not going to send you a new BlackBerry because you caused the damages to it.
    I was leaning against my friend's kitchen island and when I got home, I noticed I leaned a little too hard and the top of my screen cracked...sad, I know.
    04-03-08 04:54 PM
    You can't get a new one unless you have insurance it stops working and you pay the 50 bucks for them to send a new one and stuff.

04-03-08 04:56 PM
    Well If You Do It You Will Pat For It Just Know That?
    04-03-08 05:00 PM
    You need to throw that sucker.

That'll get the ball rolling.
    LOL!

Yeah, I have insurance & the warranty is still good.. I guess I'll just wait & see.

Just needed a few opinions.

Thanks guys
    04-03-08 05:33 PM
    I have a solution. Check out otterbox.com

contact me if you want a discount.
    04-03-08 06:02 PM
    i dropped mine so hard a few weeks ago that the sim card and sd card came flying out of it.
    i went out with a friend last weekend, and saturday morning when he drove me back to my car my berry was in my lap when i jumped out of his car and my phone went sliding under my parked car!
    i had to pull the car forward to retrieve it!
    04-03-08 06:03 PM
    i dropped mine so hard a few weeks ago that the sim card and sd card came flying out of it.
    i went out with a friend last weekend, and saturday morning when he drove me back to my car my berry was in my lap when i jumped out of his car and my phone went sliding under my parked car!
    i had to pull the car forward to retrieve it!
    Remind me, never let you hold my 8320
    04-03-08 06:07 PM
    Yep, Otterbox is the way to go. Dropped mine a few times; not a scratch.
    04-03-08 06:49 PM
    Otterbox or any other case turns my nice sized phone into a behemoth of a machine that doesn't fit comfortably into my hand or pocket(or holster)
    Thanks for your opinion
    If I break it, I will have to buy another one
    Last edited by kickinitlive247; 04-03-08 at 10:12 PM. Reason: clarification
    04-03-08 10:07 PM
    The silicone cover helps with grip a lot, but I had to put it in the freezer once a week to get it unstreched , just got a seido rubberized thin case that rocks so far.

04-03-08 10:21 PM
    Sucks for u Shey!!! Good luck in whatever u decide!

04-03-08 10:24 PM
    I'm definitely gonna look into an Otterbox case!

04-03-08 11:11 PM
    I saw someone mention otterbox...best money you'll ever spend for your berry. I've dropped mine so many times and am glad I have it.

04-04-08 01:26 AM
    I've had good luck with keeping a skin on it at all times.
    Grippy.
    Little bit of a rubber bounce when it falls
    04-05-08 12:52 AM
    i have found that even though i had the otterbox on my other phone, when i dropped it it still jarred some electrical part inside loose and the phone quit, they do protect the outside of the phone and provide some cushion but there could still be a potential problem if they are dropped.....
    04-05-08 03:54 PM
    Otterbox or any other case turns my nice sized phone into a behemoth of a machine that doesn't fit comfortably into my hand or pocket(or holster)
    Thanks for your opinion
    If I break it, I will have to buy another one
    Lol... Too funny.

That's the exact reason I don't like cases and the most I'll do is a skin.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 04-05-08 at 04:14 PM.
    04-05-08 04:11 PM
    i've dropped Barry enough where there are minor chips

poor thing.
    04-06-08 12:20 AM
    i have butterfingers too
    04-06-08 03:19 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD