I drop my phone in the toilet for like literally one second. The screen flicked and I grab the battery out of soon as possible. How screwed am I? I read the other threads on what to do. Really sucked cause it one of the boost mobile and I don't have insurance and I am screwed til I get paid if I can't get it working. I really hate my life right now.
    03-30-11 01:45 PM
    All you can do is wait and see. DO NOT put the battery back in until you are 100% sure it's completely dry. But a can of compressed air (if you don't have an air compressor) to try to blow out as much of the water as you can.

I would give it at least 24 - 48 hours. I know it's a long time without a phone but if there's even the littlest amount of water in when you put the battery back it'll be toast.
    Last edited by valorian; 03-30-11 at 01:55 PM.
    03-30-11 01:52 PM
    Already did that like an idoit. The red light came on and the keyboard lit up. I just **** the battery out. I haven't put it back it. It didn't feel very wet to me. It was in there for like a second in the flush process and I grab it as quick as I could.

Edit: I even took the track ball out and it didn't feel very wet or wet at all. Slight damp but not much.
    03-30-11 01:55 PM
    I need to know why so many Blackberries are committing suicide right now and diving into toilets? This is the 2nd or 3rd this week that I've seen.

Are these Blackberries depressed for some reason? Do they need professional councillng and maybe some meds to get them over this bad time in their lives? Do we need to tell people to keep their Blackberries away from toilets for their own good? Do we need to put Blackberries everywhere on a suicide watch?
    03-30-11 01:55 PM
    Just because it seemed dry on the outside doesn't mean it was inside. It doesn't take long for water to get inside the phone.
    03-30-11 01:57 PM
    I need to know why so many Blackberries are committing suicide right now and diving into toilets? This is the 2nd or 3rd this week that I've seen.

Are these Blackberries depressed for some reason? Do they need professional councillng and maybe some meds to get them over this bad time in their lives? Do we need to tell people to keep their Blackberries away from toilets for their own good? Do we need to put Blackberries everywhere on a suicide watch?
    LOL

The dangers of texting while peeing.
    03-30-11 01:58 PM
    Forget the compressed air, follow THESE instructions, ASAP.......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/
    03-30-11 02:08 PM
    Throw the phone in DRY rice. I dropped my iPod Touch in the sink and it got fully submerged. I left the device in rice for 24 hours and the iPod was perfectly fine, no damages internally or externally.

I would probably leave the phone in rice for 1-2 full days and see what happens from there.. and as other posters said, DO NOT but the battery in until you are sure its dry inside and out.
    03-30-11 02:33 PM
    Rice, or better yet silica gel packs like they use in medicine or shipping. Also the alcohol bath, is a good move, ESPECIALLY since a toilet was involved. Follow the instructions I provided you will not be sorry.
    03-30-11 02:51 PM
    Yep, I would have took battery out, popped them both in the rice and let sit for at least over night. I honestly think a couple days is a little overkill.

Wife's Optimus T took a swim in dog's water bowl thanks to my son. Did just what I posted and worked perfectly fine besides being stuck in headphone mode. Eventually fixed itself, luckily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 02:52 PM
    That stinks.

I agree with the rice method.

Crappy luck though.
    Hope everything comes out ok.

03-30-11 03:11 PM
    That stinks.

I agree with the rice method.

Crappy luck though.
    Hope everything comes out ok.

+1 for 24-48 hours in rice

I honestly think a couple days is a little overkill.
    I'd rather go overkill on drying than spend $89 on a warranty replacement.
    03-30-11 03:14 PM
    Touche' Just in my two experiences, I have done the rice method and was fine early the next day. They both were right around 13 hours...

Mine is 120!

03-30-11 03:23 PM
    1 or 2 days in a bag of rice should work. Good luck!

03-30-11 03:30 PM
    This is why they have a slot for a lanyard.

03-30-11 05:35 PM
    If you use silica gel pack put them tight in a jar with your phone. As the gel packs turn color remove the phone, put the packs into a microwave uncovered on high for one minute. They'll then be able to draw in moisture again. I do this for my hearing aids. I'd suggest doing this to your phone until the gel packs no longer turn color.
    03-30-11 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD