I dropped my BB torch in water. It was only under a second or two. Thankfully i had an otter box case on it so the batter port and what not didn't get wet. However the screen went black when i pulled it out of the water. I checked the water damage stickers throughout the phone and none of them were tripped. So, i wiped the screen and keyboard dry and it still didn't work. It is currently sitting in a bag of rice to draw the moisture out of the phone. Any ideas if this technique of drying out the phone does not work?
    12-14-10 11:06 PM
    I'm not sure how else to dry it, but if the water damage stickers are still intact then you could just say the screen stopped working and get a replacement. The screen on my first Torch died and Rogers replaced it no questions asked.
    12-14-10 11:26 PM
    Ive never heard of this working (the rice thing on phones...I know it works on salt !). If the stickers are in tact, I would use a warranty exchange on the phone.

If the LCD is wet/damaged by water, well thats pretty much it - I would say its easier to do a warranty exchange at this point than try to buy an LCD and replace it yourself.

I had a few Nokia's back in the day, I dropped it into the toilet once, a full bathtub once, I set it on my radiator, once it dried, popped in the battery, and worked as just as it did before, thats one reason Nokia's still amaze me to this day!
    12-15-10 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD