Not too many posts on bb dropping calls.

I've recently switched from an 8830, which I had for 2 years to a 8330m. I have had few dropped calls with the 8830 in the 2 years.

With my new 8330m I have about 4 drops a day. All from the same area that I primarily work from, didn't have this before. I notice that the signal bounces around (drastically) at times, and this is when the call drops.

They say the 8830 is the same as the 8330m but without a camera. I'm not buying this, the 8830 seemed to be better quality and now this signal issue.

I just had the phone for about a week. I think I could try a different bb but not sure if this would be worth the effort of a swap.

Is the 8830 a better phone?

Any ideas on doing a swap, or my issue with dropped calls? Not sure if there is a setting I could reconfigure?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 03:09 PM
    Try doing a *228 to update your prl (Preferred Roaming List), if US cellular has that option like Verizon/Alltel. this will ensure that you have the latest prl, which will ensure that your BB is utilizing the latest towers in your area.

Also, read the threads relating to your specific OS version to see if the problems you are having is OS related. If it is, then there may be another OS you can change/upgrade to to help with your problem.
    06-24-09 03:47 PM
    You can also try this hybrid OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...d-beta-245836/

Though the radio file is from 4.5.0.138, so if you are still having dropped calls with that OS, this one will probably do no better.

The other thing is you might just have a bad 8330m, you can try and take it back for a replacement. Just make a backup, including 3rd party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    06-24-09 03:53 PM
    Not too many posts on bb dropping calls.

I've recently switched from an 8830, which I had for 2 years to a 8330m. I have had few dropped calls with the 8830 in the 2 years.

With my new 8330m I have about 4 drops a day. All from the same area that I primarily work from, didn't have this before. I notice that the signal bounces around (drastically) at times, and this is when the call drops.

They say the 8830 is the same as the 8330m but without a camera. I'm not buying this, the 8830 seemed to be better quality and now this signal issue.

I just had the phone for about a week. I think I could try a different bb but not sure if this would be worth the effort of a swap.

Is the 8830 a better phone?

Any ideas on doing a swap, or my issue with dropped calls? Not sure if there is a setting I could reconfigure?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine drops calls all the time too. Thanks for posting this, I'm looking forward to some information.
    06-24-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD