I love the curves, I have 8900-is cool and reliable. I am worried that bb will bring out slidng keyboard. Will be just like The droid. Droid is not bad , I was given htc magic as a spare phone, but I found apps a pain, as they caused emails to not get delivered. Also touch screen drove me mad. Love my keypad. Good for browsing though. Also another problem on it , which was major was : if you got email with attatchment on it, you could only up if you google account. I think the droid is the same. Stick to bb if you want a work phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 04:57 PM
    Cliq is 100X better than the Droid!

----------------
    Now playing: Good Charlotte - Dance Floor Anthem
    via FoxyTunes
    11-28-09 05:01 PM
    Cliq is 100X better than the Droid!
    Why? What makes it 100 times better?
    Last edited by CyberRanger; 11-28-09 at 10:40 PM.
    11-28-09 10:13 PM
    I like the reliability of my Tour, but I need a bigger screen for work-related apps. I'd even take the Storm1 back with the 5.0 OS. No one wants to trade me, though.
    11-28-09 10:53 PM
    if you mean business BB is still the epitome; however android has a lot of potential and in the coming years may prove to be a fierce competition for RIM,WinMO,Symbian or even the Iphone.
    11-28-09 11:26 PM
    I don't know. Android reminds me alot like windows mobile. I don't know if it is just the icons but I have heard love and hate relationships with the android software and I am happy with the comlex and simplicity of the blackberry os. I would be happy with the os 5.0 as long as they kept coming out with faster blackberrys and ones with better browsers.

11-29-09 12:56 AM
    Is it just me? A simple man realy of not that much education. But is BB only cool cuz of this crackberry site? I mean if kevin said let's roll wi� droid. I think we all would BB is garbage and I'm out too simple for simple ole me I need to be pused and taken for a ride on a HTC hero not a curve 2 what? Gezz... Ok if this don't work out Ill be back but on VZW on a S2 but for now its android peeps don't lag behind

11-29-09 01:04 AM
    I've used the Android OS for a while and I absolutely hate it. I don't get what everybody sees in it. Also the buttons on the Droid suck! The touch screen for typing sucks! If you have actually send and do important things on the fly, more than just sending "lolz" to your friends in the other class then you should probably stick with the bb. The G1 for instance, it's phone design sucked and the Android OS was terrible! It lagged an awful lot, and texting lagged like ****! I've never had a phone that I literally wanted to throw at a wall until that phone!
    Wow, sounds to me like you just went in with the mindset that it's going to suck. Android OS is better than BB will ever hope to be. And if you've never had a phone u want to throw at a wall, I guess you've never had a storm.
    11-29-09 01:35 AM
    I actually agree with that , I did that! Quite a few pieces-why I hate touchscreen..........

11-29-09 01:02 PM
    I guess it's a good thing there are options for everyone. LOL. I went from an 8703 to an 8330, then to a 9630 and ended up with a Storm. Loved the Storm from day 1, contrary to the popular belief here on CB. Got a Droid and it is amazing for MY needs. Browsing is amazing. Threaded messaging is handled nicely. Its just perfect for me. Notice that caveat? LOL.

One final thing though; is it really fair to judge Android and the newer phones on the G1? That's like basing your judgment of the BB OS on an 8703 running 4.2. Lmao. Just my 2 cents.

11-29-09 06:18 PM
    I guess it's a good thing there are options for everyone. LOL. I went from an 8703 to an 8330, then to a 9630 and ended up with a Storm. Loved the Storm from day 1, contrary to the popular belief here on CB. Got a Droid and it is amazing for MY needs. Browsing is amazing. Threaded messaging is handled nicely. Its just perfect for me. Notice that caveat? LOL.

One final thing though; is it really fair to judge Android and the newer phones on the G1? That's like basing your judgment of the BB OS on an 8703 running 4.2. Lmao. Just my 2 cents.

Awesome post man I totallt agree, I have the 9700 now just got it for work and I wish my job kept the bold 1 or I could use my droid exclusively this keyboard is so small, cb really tried to boost this thing up

11-29-09 06:33 PM
    This guy switched from a blackberry to a droid and wrote a great review of his experience.

dirtbread.com , he just posted the article entitled "should you switch from a blackberry to a droid.

To make a long story short depends on your needs.
    11-29-09 08:26 PM
    i have been using the curve for a year and haven't had any issues.My love for the berry keeps increasing by the day.
    11-30-09 01:06 AM
    My love for the berry will never leave but my acknowledging that my droid is better then the storm 2 and my 9700 won't either.

11-30-09 03:13 AM
    I did not read every post, and I don't need to.

I am a little worried about the Droid line of phones. A lot of people come down on the BB phones for 2 reasons mainly:

1) Same phone, 100 different models
    2) Same old OS.

I'll explain why I think these are so great in context of Droid phones.

Android is not going to fare well in the long run. There are already becoming a lot of flavors of the OS, and that's horrible. BB has it right, one OS. Maybe it seems dated to some but the reality is, it's solid and no variety is a good thing.

The Droid OS is fragmenting, you make an app for one type and it may not work properly on all the variations. That is a real app killer, no one will buy an app if they can't figure out if it even works with their version. Or they buy it and complain forever and give it a bad name.

BB may have a lot of models, but they all pretty much have a unified OS. The big exception of course is the Storm and the others, but even then it's not so bad.

I avoid the iPhone simply because there is only one version so far and it doesn't apply. But mark my words, in the future as Apple pushes new product out it will suffer the same fate. New OS, new problems.
    11-30-09 03:48 AM
    I did not read every post, and I don't need to.

I am a little worried about the Droid line of phones. A lot of people come down on the BB phones for 2 reasons mainly:

1) Same phone, 100 different models
    2) Same old OS.

I'll explain why I think these are so great in context of Droid phones.

Android is not going to fare well in the long run. There are already becoming a lot of flavors of the OS, and that's horrible. BB has it right, one OS. Maybe it seems dated to some but the reality is, it's solid and no variety is a good thing.

The Droid OS is fragmenting, you make an app for one type and it may not work properly on all the variations. That is a real app killer, no one will buy an app if they can't figure out if it even works with their version. Or they buy it and complain forever and give it a bad name.

BB may have a lot of models, but they all pretty much have a unified OS. The big exception of course is the Storm and the others, but even then it's not so bad.

I avoid the iPhone simply because there is only one version so far and it doesn't apply. But mark my words, in the future as Apple pushes new product out it will suffer the same fate. New OS, new problems.
    This is one of those post which if based solely of personal opinion, and I'm sure your no professional analyst, who have all had nothing but positive reflections on androids near and far future.

11-30-09 04:16 AM
    Ps still love my berry

I still say there someone's relative keeping the BB's from ringing and vibrating at the same time

11-30-09 04:42 AM
    I think you still encounter apps that don't work on all models with a BB. But I put that on the developers and not on RIM. Android does have diff versoins (I.e. sense UI) but for the most part are standardized with version 1.5 or 2.0. Both models have benefits and drawbacks and will benefit the consumer in the long run.

11-30-09 09:17 AM
    Droids are for simple people.
    12-01-09 04:50 PM
    Droids are for simple people.
    ...and for the people that are into the "social scope" "social networking" "let me update my friends on what I am doing now" "I need to know what my friends are doing now"...
    12-01-09 09:24 PM
    If droids are for simple people I suggest picking one up and start trying to use it! You obviously never have if you think they are such a simple device. Blackberry is much easier to use than any android OS. I'm far from knocking blackberry I think they are great phone's but know your facts before ya make moronic statements!

So now flame me and call me a fan boy but if rim got their **** together instead of the same old OS with basically all the devices that look the same I would own a bb again.

12-02-09 04:11 AM
    Yea I think that was a ridiculous statement to make droids are for simple people, I mean you could say that about the Iphone too but hey they both are doing a lot better then there RIM competitor in the touch screen smartphone market last I checked.

12-02-09 04:46 AM
    I knew this topic would come up on here... Hopefully I can provide a balanced opinion. I had a Blackberry for little over a year on Sprint. Now I've got the Droid on Verizon.

After almost 1 month with my Droid, I can definitely say that Blackberry and Android are 2 different ballgames when it comes to Operating Systems. You can't really compare them because they are designed on completely different platforms and created for opposite lifestyles of use.

Blackberry OS = Built and desgined for primarily Business. Now with secondary capability for entertainment & multi-media (in a minor way)
    Android OS = Built and designed for primarily multi-media, entertainment, and daily productivity / apps that make daily life more efficient.

With that said, and all due respect to BB OS (and it has been around longer than Android) I have to say that Android is a much more advanced OS when it comes to today's pace of technology. The apps that it can handle and the processing power is just a whole world above BB. Again, don't hate. I did say that they are 2 different kinds of OS's.

So whatever OS fits your lifestyle personal and work, that's the OS & phone you should go with.
    12-02-09 05:06 AM
    It isn't and would be never.
    12-02-09 05:42 AM
    I found it difficult to set up hotmail on the brother's Eris...
    12-02-09 05:45 AM
299 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD