I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 and love it. My husband said I just HAD to have the new Droid when it was time to upgrade. I have had the Droid for a week now and HATE it. It is so sensitive that when I hold it to talk to a friend I accidentally either breathe too hard while talking, or my hair hits a button or finger, though I try to be so careful holding it, otherwise a key pad comes up and will beep or I have lost the connection by cutting the phone off accidentally. I have a very hard time using the key pad for texting, always making typos, it is EXTREMELY sensitive in that you make very many mistakes when you go to do something because you end up touching the wrong thing and get further away from what you are wanting to do. Then I had to figure out how to silence it because all night as an email comes in it will say "DROID"...over and over....it has just been very annoying. The only thing I can actually say I love about the phone is the many many FREE apps and games..WOW! Other than that, I am a simple kind of gal and prefer the Blackberry. I gave the DROID to my hubby today, he wants me to get the Droid Incredible when his upgrade comes around next week...now I am torn...I thought I wanted to go back Blackberry but not certain if I will be happy with the Incredible???? Any help on making my decision is much appreciated! : )
    Take the phone back. It's still within a month but you don't like it. Just get something you want. It's your phone and you have to live with it for two years, so get something you like and let him get his HTC DI. If you want a phone get a Bold 9650 or Storm 2.
    05-30-10 04:34 PM
    that droid has a bunch of useless apps. stick to the blackberry's
    05-30-10 04:38 PM
    that droid has a bunch of useless apps. stick to the blackberry's
    I was staying out of this discussion until this.

Have you not seen that in AppWorld, the Crackberry Store, Mobihand, there
    are a myriad of "fart apps", FML apps, ones that emulate siren sounds,
    a truly dumbass app called SexyDice, all of the useless "memory saving" apps
    and an equally stupid one that turns the vibrate on your phone on full time,
    ostensibly when you need a "happy ending"

Correctly stated it should be Android has MORE useless apps. But even then
    it's all relative. By proportion of total stupid apps per platform I'd say it's equal.
    05-30-10 04:55 PM
    My droid is fun, but losing my contacts isn't. I keep on losing my contacts and making a group is a pain. You have to get an app for that. Plus I miss tying in the name and having the contact coming up something my droid can't do. Once the 9800 slider is out I am done with Droid.
    05-30-10 07:33 PM
    This is very close minded. I actually went from the Bold on AT&T to the Droid two days ago (contract was up and wanted to escape AT&T) after playing with the Droid a little bit, reading reviews, and seeing the capabilities. Plus I had 30 days and if I want to go to the Tour, I can. I highly suggest that you at least consider it if you're up for a new phone. It is very powerful and after just TWO days, I simply cannot go to any other phone that does not use the Android OS. BBM is cool and all, but it only works with other BB users. Even on my BB, I still used SMS more, simply because just about everyone I know does. I guess that differs from person to person though. The app support is starting to become huge and another update for Android is going to drop soon increasing performance and stability. The google integration is superb with gmail, gchat/google talk, google voice, maps, etc. If you're not familiar with it, I would at least try to become so before writing it off altogether. I too hate touch screen phones, but when you start using one, you start to realize how much more efficient and user-friendly they are.

Just my $0.02.
    You are right about giving things a try. I think that if you are curious about something, then you should try it to see if it is for you. I love BBs, but I was very interested in Android and other platforms. I wanted to give them a shot before I chose to buy yet another BlackBerry smartphone. I just about tried every platform and I eventually came back to BB, but it seemed to be more of an informed decision because I had at least tried something else. I never understand these strange loyalties with smartphones. I understand having a favorite device but to declare that you are a certain smartphone user forever or that you could never use anything else seems odd. The smartphone industry is going to change and our uses for them will change too. And we don't know what that will be until it happens. So we will have to continually re-assess our needs every two years. And I think that we will have to assess the services of the carriers too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 08:58 PM
    You are right about giving things a try. I think that if you are curious about something, then you should try it to see if it is for you. I love BBs, but I was very interested in Android and other platforms. I wanted to give them a shot before I chose to buy yet another BlackBerry smartphone. I just about tried every platform and I eventually came back to BB, but it seemed to be more of an informed decision because I had at least tried something else. I never understand these strange loyalties with smartphones. I understand having a favorite device but to declare that you are a certain smartphone user forever or that you could never use anything else seems odd. The smartphone industry is going to change and our uses for them will change too. And we don't know what that will be until it happens. So we will have to continually re-assess our needs every two years. And I think that we will have to assess the services of the carriers too.

Very well said.
    05-30-10 09:06 PM
    My husband has a BB curv and my son has a droid. I am about to get a new phone and wish there was a BB with a touch screen and a real keyboard. My hubby likes his BB but misses the touch screen he had with his palm. My son LOVES his droid. I am very torn about which phone to get. To be honest, the only reason I would get the BB is for rexwireless products.
    06-05-10 05:14 PM
    I love the Blackberry, but very dissapointed with 9700 quality. Itching to try and try getting more, but I think I'll just wait for the new iPhone and will hope they improved battery life and it's fast enough for my needs. Not liking iPhone OS as many other people do, but it's okay, and having a lot of apps (many new functionality) helps. But again, I still like BB. Unfortunately (for me) I tried Storm (BB's touch screen) and will say that I am not buying any touchscreen from RIM anytime soon. They suck. They should rather stick to whAt they do the best - real keyboards ;-)

06-05-10 05:34 PM
    i got my hands on the EVO 4G and the build quality compared to my 9700 is not so good. theres a light leak on the side of the device, the plastic is not very strong. none of which happens on my BB.
    other than that and poor battery life. Everything else is pretty good.
    But im sticking with my 9700. soon to be 9800.
    06-05-10 07:39 PM
    will stick with my 9550!
    06-06-10 01:54 PM
    Made the switch, ported my number over, am paying way less and getting a lot
    more features. Sprint Navigator (telenav) comes with the data package. On AT&T
    that freaken' thing was an extra $10 a month. Paying about $75 a month from now
    on for unlmited everything. Except mobile to landline is limited to 450 minutes.
    06-06-10 03:41 PM
    So I have been looking at the droid that my brother in law has and he is tryi g to tell me it is hands down better than my curve. Has anyone had both and which do they prefer
    06-17-10 08:27 AM
    Here's my view on this...if you have the option to try it, go for it. I personally hate touchscreens and am a die hard BB fan but my hubby has been looking at the new Evo. From what I have seen, I'd be terrified to throw that thing in my purse and the size of it just seems off (it's actually really big for a cell). I don't need a 1,000 apps so the Android app market doesn't thrill me and I don't watch a lot of movies or tv on my cell. My BB works and when it's time for my upgrade I'll be rocking one of the new devices BB puts out.
    06-17-10 09:47 AM
    But without 1000 apps, how will you know what your gas mileage is? Or how much to leave for a tip? Or where you parked your car???
    06-17-10 09:52 AM
    But without 1000 apps, how will you know what your gas mileage is? Or how much to leave for a tip? Or where you parked your car???
    If I need my phone for all that I'm in need of professional help lol. Although the locate my car app would be nice.
    06-17-10 01:19 PM
    Wife went from BB to droid and is bothered by a lot of things (sensitivity of screen during calls among others)... and in every case, whatever bothers her DOESN'T bother me when i use it.

Bottom line? Everyone is different.

That's what makes the world go round

BB is much better in many respects... and the same can definitely be said about the droid.
    06-17-10 01:51 PM
    I switched a few months back from an 8130 to a Motorola Droid.

The 8130 was a great little phone, and was unquestionably better at delivering my email quickly, except when RIM was experiencing BIS issues. BBM was convenient but not indispensable since many of my contacts do not have BBs. I liked the 8130 very much and have no complaints. It served me well, and has been stored away as my backup phone, just in case.

I did some research and chose the Droid as my next phone.
    I need to manually refresh some email accounts to check for new email unlike the BB, but this is not a big issue for *me.*
    SMS, MMS, and IM all work as well as BBM at sending and receiving messages.
    The browser on the Droid is an enormous step up from the 8130.
    There are a fair number of useful apps for the Droid, but I can't say that there are more apps in the Droid Marketplace than the BB AppWorld which *I* would use.
    There seem to be many more games in the Droid Marketplace than in AppWorld, but I don't play games on my phone, so this may just be my impression, and did not really influence my decision to get the Droid.

All-in-all I think the decision is very personal and a bit arbitrary, which is to say, I didn't play with every single smartphone available and probably was influenced somewhat by the marketing hype; but in the end, it's just a phone; I don't feel a need to be religious about it or state that this is the holy grail of smartphones.
    06-17-10 03:05 PM
    A lot of corporations still don't support the Android system so you can not load your Outlook email to it.
    06-17-10 09:44 PM
    9700 the best Celphone in the market.

06-17-10 10:00 PM
    9700 the best Celphone in the market.

That's just silly.
    06-17-10 10:06 PM
    9700 owns the droid brick...anyone who has used both knows.
    06-17-10 10:14 PM

You keep making this point all the while ignoring the fact that for the BlackBerry
    platform all those types of apps exist. If your point is that BlackBerry has
    superior and smarter apps, you are embarrassing yourself.
    06-17-10 10:16 PM
    some call it the freud...look how big my phone is...please!
    06-17-10 10:16 PM
    WHY MY COMMENT BE DELETED? HUH? WHY? WHAY ALL MY COMMENTS BE DELETED ALL THE TIME??!!
    Because you're posts are meaningless and are equivalent to spam

9700 owns the droid brick...anyone who has used both knows.
    I've used both (owned an 8900, used mom's 9700). There's no way I'd ever choose the BB over the Droid.
    06-17-10 10:24 PM
    I guess we disagree then chicken...weird...maybe why we own the phones we do.
    06-17-10 10:25 PM
299 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD