A lot of people go back to BB from "more advanced" devices. This is prior to the opengl/os5/browser/insertwhateverhere. Wish washy people aside, new device adopters love to bash on BB's on their way out, but then a lot of them end up coming back anyways.

Just for reference, I wish they wouldn't come back... But alas I have no control over keeping the masses away...
    Last edited by papped; 11-10-09 at 04:53 PM.
    11-10-09 04:50 PM
    I think a lot of people will learn with all this new openess and apple trying to catch up security will be sacrificed as well as battery life. And its funny how all these berry users say oh I don't need that or this but with the new news you hear how awesome the berry will be hahahaha you guys crack me up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I point that out to them at least 5x daily!!
    11-10-09 04:52 PM
    A lot of people go back to BB from "more advanced" devices. This is prior to the opengl/os5/browser/insertwhateverhere. Wish washy people aside, new device adopters love to bash on BB's on their way out, but then a lot of them end up coming back anyways.
    Do you realize how bad this phone would have to suck to make me come back?

And kill the quotations, it IS a more advanced device!
    11-10-09 04:54 PM
    Do you realize how bad this phone would have to suck to make me come back?
    Refer above.. I don't want you to come back, and I mean that with all sincerity.
    11-10-09 04:54 PM
    Don't be hurt papped you know the bb has some catching up to do, I like it messeging and that's it that all it has now let's hope this new open up approach works for them and if it does I won't be back I will commend them though, android and winmo 7 is the future

TRUE STORY!!!

11-10-09 04:56 PM
    Hurt from what? I don't recall saying they didn't... I also don't recall saying I wanted people to stay with BB...

WM7 is counting your eggs before they hatch... Stigmas can be a *****...
    11-10-09 04:59 PM
    Will see I'm running android and look how good it is before after 1 year nothing but up for me, ill still have my bold though work phone

11-10-09 05:02 PM
    Stigmas can be a *****...
    I know. Can you say "Storm"? How's that for a stigma?
    11-10-09 05:04 PM
    I know. Can you say "Storm"?
    If I cared about Verizon and fancied $30 more per month for data plan bundles, I might.
    11-10-09 05:05 PM
    The browser on my tour is HORRIBLE. Don't even get me started on the fact that BB sold a device that was chock full of manufacturing defects (yes, I have one of "those" Tours. Unfortunately I didn't buy it from Verizon, so I'm stuck with it. I'm going to buy a Droid, and keep my Tour as a backup. The only downside I can see to the droid ATM is it isn't multi-touch.

I'm definitely a BB fangurl, and I'm planning on moving to the Droid. The "love it or leave it" attitude displayed here makes no rational sense. Can anyone explain RATIONALLY why it's not a good move? The only other thing I can think of is the exchange issues, and I'm not a business user.
    11-10-09 05:06 PM
    I think you should buy a droid and move on asap. Looking for other people to conclude for you is irrational...
    11-10-09 05:08 PM
    If I cared about Verizon and fancied $30 more per month for data plan bundles, I might.
    Entirely different discussion, my friend.
    11-10-09 05:13 PM
    What RIM needs to be focusing on is another OS instead of coming out with new BBs every six to twelve months. They should fix memory leaks, which is my biggest complaint on my 8320. I've only own my 8320 for about six months and there's a lot of things I like about it but lately I've been tempted to walk into the TMO store and play with an Android phone. I'm afraid that I might like it too much.
    11-10-09 05:36 PM
    Refer above.. I don't want you to come back, and I mean that with all sincerity.
    Damn, that's just plain rude. I evaluate a phone as a phone. The BB has serious shortcomings - browser is HORRIBLE, memory management a constant issue, still no folder support for emails (unbelievable).

I do love how the BB pushes out email. If getting emails that fast is your only concern, stick with a BB. Otherwise, only a fool doesn't consider other options.
    11-10-09 10:56 PM
    Truncated e-mails are just e-mails that are too large to push to your BB. Mostly, it happens when an e-mail has a HUGE attachment, that's way too large to make the transition to your BB, usually forwards of some kind.
    11-10-09 11:44 PM
    played with a co-worker's droid today. not a fan.
    11-11-09 03:11 AM
    Funny how a few people are already talking about ditching their droids. Shinny kids stuff I say.
    11-11-09 03:28 AM
    Funny how a few people are already talking about ditching their droids. Shinny kids stuff I say.
    Funny how so many bb users are so excited about the new open gl that will only be available for S2 users and the 8530 but wait you guys doont need openess, funny how there are about as many droid post on this forum then bb post look at how many left the bb to how many came. Don't fool yourself man.

11-11-09 06:10 AM
    Funny how so many bb users are so excited about the new open gl that will only be available for S2 users and the 8530 but wait you guys doont need openess, funny how there are about as many droid post on this forum then bb post look at how many left the bb to how many came. Don't fool yourself man.

See what I mean? Kids stuff.
    11-11-09 06:42 AM
    And what BB do you have again and what classifieds the Droid as shiny kids stuff that's what people said about the iphone and its now the most profitable phone device maker in the world ahead of nokia far from kids stuff I would say

Last edited by phonemaster123; 11-11-09 at 07:08 AM.
    11-11-09 07:05 AM
    picked up my 'droid last night. Motorola Cliq.... far from "shinny kid stuff" IMHO ....

does everything my BB + more, and the only thing i lost - BBM.... tis all .
    11-11-09 07:08 AM
    Why the *ell is it these dumba$$ Droid junkies think they have to shove this POS down our throats, so you like your "Noid", fine we get it, we like our BB's, nobody's telling ya you can't have it. What I find the most amusing out of all this is that they feel the need to come to the Berry section and tell us how great the " Big Black Brick" is, funny they went from a BB to a BBB
    11-11-09 07:16 AM
    Why the *ell is it these dumba$$ Droid junkies think they have to shove this POS down our throats, so you like your "Noid", fine we get it, we like our BB's, nobody's telling ya you can't have it. What I find the most amusing out of all this is that they feel the need to come to the Berry section and tell us how great the " Big Black Brick" is, funny they went from a BB to a BBB
    Before you have a heart-attack i had a Blackberry for the past three years. I had my 8100 then up upgraded to the 8900. I'm not shoving my 'droid down anyone's neck, but people with Blackberries need to wake up and realize that the Apple Platform and Android Platform offer the same thing that Blackberries do. In today's world a smart-phone is a smart-phone is a smart-phone. People like you need take a serious Chill Pill, i'm by no means throwing my (less than 18hrs old, may i remind you) 'droid at anyone, i'm just there are options.

just like the old phrase : "there are more that one way to skin a cat"....
    11-11-09 08:04 AM
    I have a Droid for testing. Piece of junk. Can't even keep a signal in an area where my Storm gets 4 bars. Spontaneous reboots, reboot loops. I've done two hard resets in two days.
    11-11-09 08:08 AM
    I have a Droid for testing. Piece of junk. Can't even keep a signal in an area where my Storm gets 4 bars. Spontaneous reboots, reboot loops. I've done two hard resets in two days.
    Sounds just like the 9530 i had on T-Mobile's network.

that is the truth - but that can happen with ANY phone either smart phone or stupid phone alike.
    Last edited by mjneid; 11-11-09 at 08:16 AM.
    11-11-09 08:12 AM
299 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD