anyone else notice how very similar the droid pro keyboard buttons are to the blackberry bold keyboard? it almost looks like they peeled the keyboard off a berry and slapped it on a Motorola.
    11-30-10 11:13 AM
    Yeah I typed on one yesterday for a bit, the feel is very much the same as a bold series although the arrangement is different. It's not a Blackberry and the keyboard does not a phone make, but it's gotta tempt some of those keyboard loving people stuck on VZW to test one out.

I did find the screen to be awful thou, but there again I didn't much like the Torch screen either.
    11-30-10 11:28 AM
    Both are business phones after all...
    11-30-10 12:13 PM
    Other than the full qwerty keyboard, what makes the Droid Pro a buisness phone? Does include apps the other droids do not?
    Last edited by valorian; 11-30-10 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Typos
    11-30-10 12:16 PM
    anyone else notice how very similar the droid pro keyboard buttons are to the blackberry bold keyboard? it almost looks like they peeled the keyboard off a berry and slapped it on a Motorola.
    If you actually compare the 2 phones side by side, there are a lot of subtle differences, also the lack of a trackpad for navigation when using the keyboard with 2 hands requires a reposition of the device when dealing with excel forms.

The Droid Pro is very much a Touch phone with a Keyboard, not a Keyboard phone that has touch

the number placement is flawed when using the calculator from the keyboard, the keyboard would not match the placement on the screen of the buttons

it is little inefficiencies like that that make the device still a consumer phone more so than a business phone. it is Not made for fast navigation on the go with 1 hand, while the other hand is carrying a briefcase
    11-30-10 03:44 PM
    Other than the full qwerty keyboard, what makes the Droid Pro a buisness phone? Does include apps the other droids do not?
    From PCWorld:

The Droid Pro packs in a slew of features for business users and IT professionals. It has VPN support for multiple profiles, enhanced data encryption for both your phone and your microSD card (this feature won't be rolled out until 2011, however), a built-in task manager (so you don't need to download a third-party manager), remote wipe capabilities, Exchange-based device management, and advanced password protection. You can also edit documents via the pre-installed Quick Office Device management application. The Pro is also a global handset and will support voice calling and data in over 200 countries worldwide making it ideal for those who travel frequently for business.

The Droid Pro also has mobile hotspot capabilities, a boon for business users. You can connect up to five devices to the mobile hotspot, and I had no issues getting my Wi-Fi devices up and running.

The Droid Pro has total support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, another useful feature for business users. And it is a snap to get your Gmail account up and running (this is Android after all), as well as any other POP3 or IMAP e-mail account.
    11-30-10 03:54 PM
    From PCWorld:

The Droid Pro packs in a slew of features for business users and IT professionals. It has VPN support for multiple profiles, enhanced data encryption for both your phone and your microSD card (this feature won't be rolled out until 2011, however), a built-in task manager (so you don't need to download a third-party manager), remote wipe capabilities, Exchange-based device management, and advanced password protection. You can also edit documents via the pre-installed Quick Office Device management application. The Pro is also a global handset and will support voice calling and data in over 200 countries worldwide making it ideal for those who travel frequently for business.

The Droid Pro also has mobile hotspot capabilities, a boon for business users. You can connect up to five devices to the mobile hotspot, and I had no issues getting my Wi-Fi devices up and running.

The Droid Pro has total support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, another useful feature for business users. And it is a snap to get your Gmail account up and running (this is Android after all), as well as any other POP3 or IMAP e-mail account.

The PC world Article is written by someone looking at paper and how great of business potential the phone has,
    Motorola is on the right path, the backend support is there to make it a great Business phone, haven't seen if Quick Office has fixed the checkerboarding issues in excel that previous Android phones had, but the device it's self lacks the refinement, the OS is top notch, not my cup of tea, but would be for many users, it is the handset for a business person who uses it while working and walking that I find the device lacks in, just a keyboard isn't the whole story
    11-30-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD