Ok, first, YES I searched. And YES, I have a memory card, and finally YES, this darn thing is practically empty. (I've had the issue before, and learned about getting the card, making sure memory is clean, etc.) However, today it started again. However, its NOT the SMS or phone logs. Its just plain ol email. Send me an email, forward me one, or reply; I read it or not, either way, in exactly 5 minutes, it will disappear........ SMS stays, phone log stays, emails I SEND stay, but anything IN to ME, disappears in exactly 5 minutes. (yes, I actually watched.......) ANY ideas? Worthless without email......

Thanks!!
    06-24-08 09:41 PM
    How does it react after a battery pull?
    06-24-08 09:57 PM
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 10:03 PM
    Sorry. "....and YES, I did a battery pull......." thanks.
    06-24-08 10:03 PM
    06-24-08 10:08 PM
    Yes, thx. "...And YES, I have a memory card, and finally YES, this darn thing is practically empty....."

Thanks though!
    06-24-08 10:18 PM
    So how much free space do you have?

06-24-08 10:21 PM

I just send "new service books" from bb.com. "Congratulations" message still there after 13 minutes and counting..... We'll see........ !!
    06-24-08 10:28 PM
    We're not trying to give you a hard time, but you really have to answer jcm4's question before we can help you. "Practically empty" is too ambiguous, and too many times users confuse media card space with device space. So, what is your Options/Status/File Free:?

Sorry, our messages crossed. And it sounds like you have solved your problem. Congratulations.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-24-08 at 10:34 PM. Reason: messages crossed
    06-24-08 10:32 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    06-24-08 10:39 PM
    We're not trying to give you a hard time, but you really have to answer jcm4's question before we can help you. "Practically empty" is too ambiguous, and too many times users confuse media card space with device space. So, what is your Options/Status/File Free:?

Sorry, our messages crossed. And it sounds like you have solved your problem. Congratulations.
    No problem, I totally understand........ However, please put your thinking caps back on, because it didn't work..... Yes, the "congratulations" email is still there, and several other "test" emails I SENT, but none of those test emails I sent myself, or others sent me overnight are "IN." (they're on my PC, just not on the BB........) Rats

I've never had it like this before. I can actually see it disappear. Yesterday it was 5 minutes, now its more like 5 seconds.

Sigh. A BB without email, is just.... well...... a phone.......
    06-25-08 06:22 AM
    Hmmm. Time to think about email options. Under email settings, do you have "Send Email to Handheld" set to "yes"?
    Assuming you do, under Email Reconciliation, do you have:
    Delete On: Mailbox and Handheld
    Wireless Reconcile: on
    On Conflicts: Mailbox wins

06-25-08 06:29 AM
    Ok, your memory card is practically empty, but that holds no bearing on the phone's internal memory, which is where texts and such get saved to.

How much memory is free on your phone *internal memory only*?
    06-25-08 06:43 AM
    He's addressed that. Post #8. It looks like some kind of BIS reconciliation problem to me, and I'm on BES. If you're on BIS, maybe you can help him.
    06-25-08 06:51 AM
    Hmm... It's odd that they are disappearing at exactly 5 minutes like clockwork every time. Is there some setting that you may have accidentally changed in your options? How long have you had the phone? When did this start (how long after you got it)?
    06-25-08 07:03 AM
    Have you installed a different theme or any 3rd party apps since this problem started?
    I so, you might want to delete it (them), then see how it works.
    06-25-08 07:14 AM
    hi, I am having the same issue. About a week after having the phone all the sudden it stopped saving my emails. I will read them and the time varies but they disappear (from one hour to 24). I too have done battery pulls, my memory is at 36494051 (i barely have anything saved on here and make sure always to close applications) i have tried send myself those books and such but alas I too just have a bb as a phone :-/ Thoughts? Should I call BB?
    06-25-08 07:40 AM
    Hmmm. Time to think about email options. Under email settings, do you have "Send Email to Handheld" set to "yes"?
    Assuming you do, under Email Reconciliation, do you have:
    Delete On: Mailbox and Handheld

Thanks to all!

Under "email settings" all I have is:
    confirm delivery: no
    confirm read: no
    send read receipts: no

Under Reconciliation
    Delete On: "PROMPT" (would that make a difference? plus that's where its always been)

I've tried and tried to rethink the last 24 to 48 hours. No new apps, no new ringtones, no new pics (deleted all anyway) no new nuttin! I DID go to the new desktop software last week to see if there were new address book options, but during that process I actually deleted a TON of dupes so that should have actually helped, not hurt.

Got the unit like 9 months ago. This happend early on, (before I understood about pics and memory cards etc) and once I got a memory card, and kept things clean, it didn't happen again. Until yesterday. Then I started erasing logs, old messages, even emptied the card, etc. And the time varies. Was 5 minutes, then seconds, then instant, then a few minutes again. Very, very, very odd. I've done the battery thing several times, but never for more than 15 minutes or so. Does it need to be hours or something?

Again, thanks all!
    06-25-08 10:21 AM
    Here are my email settings. I'm on BES, so we may have some different options, but you might spot a difference that will help. Let me know.
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-29-08 at 07:48 AM.
    06-25-08 11:28 AM
    Thanks. Email setting are certainly different, but nothing pops out. BB has an article suggesting maybe the message folder is corrupt and to clear it. I did, but didn't help. I may have no choice but to wipe the whole thing. Will do it later today, and report back. Sigh....... Again, thanks to all! If anyone has anything else, feel free as I won't wipe until later...... thanks!!
    06-25-08 11:59 AM
    Just to clarify, a battery pull is pulling your battery when the phone is ON...i know but some dont. this worked when my phone had this problem
    06-25-08 12:36 PM
    Thanks. Actually, I did NOT know that, but as luck would have it, that's how I'd been doing it...... all to no avail...... Well, let the full wipe begin! Thanks.
    06-25-08 08:17 PM
    Thanks all. A complete wipe of the unit didn't help. Still won't keep anything in the inbox for more than a few minutes. Guess I'm calling verizon tomorrow, and begging for some help..... rats. Thanks again.
    06-25-08 09:22 PM
    Ok, fixed. Thanks to all for all your great suggestions. If you have a moment, feel free to read below. I'm not sure how the powers that be around here do these things, but I'm guessing this might be a problem hundreds of folks could be dealing with, so this might even be worthy of a FAQ or sticky or something. And I'm pretty good at making a short story long, so you have been warned........

As JeffH kept thinking, this sounds like an email problem. I kept thinking the same thing: NO issues with SMS, or phone log. ONLY issues with email. Plus, memory clean, all tricks tried, and still, no email would stick. Started to sound less and less like a memory issue. Any email SENT from unit would stay, AND, any "messages" sent directly from BB or Verizon to my unit stayed. Just no "email." I had seen the "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device" check box several times over the last couple of days on the BB email set up screen, but left it checked. After all, it has ALWAYS been checked, and there were no issues before. Besides, it doesn't really work anyway. When I delete a message in MS Mail, (the new outlook express) it never deletes from my BB anyway....... And then it clicked. My BB isn't syncing with my PC MS Mail. Its syncing with the underlying yahoo email account......!! Sure enough, I went to my yahoo business account, and after all these years, inbox empty!! Did some minor searching, and I guess there are some "issues" out there right now, with Yahoo Biz email, and "unlimited" not really being unlimited. As a note came it, it would sync to PC MS Mail, and then BB, but quickly disappear from yahoo, leaving PC alone, but "sync" the delete with BB, and message goes away!!! Solving yahoo's issues are for another day. Suffice it to say, UNchecking the sync deleted items box leaves both PC and BB alone. Whew...... 2 days of memory cleaning and completely wiping handheld for nothing.

So, any yahoo biz email folks out there, who might be having issues with BB emails sticking, its NOT necessarily a memory issue. Uncheck the synch box, and have a great day!
    06-26-08 11:19 AM
    Wow, glad you got that solved! And thanks for posting what you learned, so we'll all be aware of the possibility the next time it happens to someone else.
    06-26-08 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD