Would the service downtime have any affect on my wifi connection?
    It says connected, but doesnt have that second tick and the wifi icon is grey.

Im new to all this so please explain in laymans terms if the matter is more than something simple.
    Note, i have unplugged my router, battery pull, disabled/enabled connection, double checked my passkey...
    Also, itouch/pc/ps3 connect to router perfectly fine....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 02:29 PM
    normally I would have said NO as you connect to a wi-fi point and then internet access is achieved from there!
    in all the outage problems I haven't had any problems with wifi or internet access.

Ive only suffered problems with BBM, social feeds and just the last day e-mail has slowed up.

however, Ive read lots of people have had wifi issues! so that just goes to show there must be something in it!
    10-12-11 02:52 PM
    I would think that it would have an effect on your anility to connect to RIM services regardless of whether through Wifi or mobile data services as the problem appears to be on RIM's side of things...though we may never learn what's really happening.

10-12-11 02:58 PM
    Well, even if your connected to Wifi, you need to make sure your browser is set to Hotspot Browser and not BB/Internet Browser. Hotspot browser is the only way to avoid RIM's servers, even with a Wifi connection.

10-12-11 02:58 PM
    I would think that it would have an effect on your anility to connect to RIM services regardless of whether through Wifi or mobile data services as the problem appears to be on RIM's side of things...though we may never learn what's really happening.

Anility! Gotta love it!
    10-12-11 03:01 PM
    Ok cheers, glad i asked now if there has been Other wifi issues, also i will update this once the down time is resolved. Thanks

10-12-11 03:11 PM
    Also, if you're having App issues, due to data. If there is a connection setting in that App, try to change it to Wifi or Direct TCP.

10-12-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD