Hi Everyone

I purchased the premium version of printhand to wirelessly print on my passport to my wireless printer. I open it up, and click the check mark to select the page to print, but nothing gets printed. The test page does indeed print when the app requested for a test page. Does anyone know how to engage the printing?

Thanks
    Andy
    07-10-15 09:06 AM
    First, you need the BB World version, the Amazon version can't download the drivers.

Second, you need to do the set up for the printer, download drivers and fonts and whatnots. It should just work once you can make the app see the printer after that.
    07-10-15 09:09 AM
    Hi OP, did you get the free version first to check if your printer is supported...? Apparently yes...

:-)

Get the BBW version and hit up their support. They are usually trying to be helpful. Postscript or PCL-capable printers work well (generic drivers), although only black& white, good luck!

---

Another tricky bit on the Passport : you will need to scroll all the way don't after pressing print the first time, sometimes and hit that other print button further below again...

Also, make sure your printer is listed under "Manage Printers"...

:-D

Attachment 361882

�   www. CrackDroidChentral .com --- (BB10 NOT dead!)   �
    07-10-15 04:18 PM
    Need to scroll all the way down on the Passport...

:-)

downloaded printhand for wireless printing-img_20150711_072855.png

diegonei likes this.
    07-10-15 04:29 PM
    Thanks! I didnt realize that I had to scroll down on the passport to see the print button.

I appreciate your help

Andy
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    07-11-15 08:20 AM
    Andy,

I use PrintHand all the time at my office and home office - hardly use my laptop anymore. I ran into the same issue as you when I first started using the app. Finally realized to scroll down and all my "problems" went away.

BTW, I have had good luck with using the generic drivers and sometimes just using the closest model number that matches my printer. Great app and I use it every day.

Chris

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:03 AM
    Thanks! I didnt realize that I had to scroll down on the passport to see the print button.

I appreciate your help

Andy
    You're most welcome. This is CrackBerry! :-D

07-11-15 11:20 PM
    I wish there were a native print option. Print hand is frustrating sometimes.
    07-12-15 04:24 AM
    I wish there were a native print option. Print hand is frustrating sometimes.
    I'm missing the "Print to PDF" via cups-pdf on my Linux machine...

:-D

Shouldn't be too hard to port or compile on BB10...

(edit: "share to" print to PDF, into special folder that syncs to folder on PC, oh yes, how awesome that would be...)

07-12-15 07:36 AM