This morning I downloaded 5.0 to my Tour. It made several changes to the texting part of the phone, and I do not like it. Is there a link for a 3rd party download for the old 4.7?

Some of the issues: You can no longer hide sent messages, you now see txts as a stream and this cannot be changed, and you have an added step in sending a text as it prompts you to send to another or scroll down and click to start the message.

I send about 2500 txts a month, so this is very inconvenient.

Help is appreciated.
    03-30-10 10:34 AM

This thread goes through the process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 10:37 AM
    This thread goes through the process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

THanks. Now I just need a link to the old software.
    03-30-10 10:50 AM
    BTW, to send a text, just press enter. It actually removes a step to sending a text!

Do yourself a favor and stick with 5.0 for a week or so. I promise you that you will laugh at the fact that you considered downgrading. Its a much better OS and your are just not used to the changes. Give it time!
    03-30-10 11:16 AM

03-30-10 11:26 AM
    BTW, to send a text, just press enter. It actually removes a step to sending a text!

Do yourself a favor and stick with 5.0 for a week or so. I promise you that you will laugh at the fact that you considered downgrading. Its a much better OS and your are just not used to the changes. Give it time!
    +1
    yeah you just need to get used to it. it only seems like a pain now because it is not what you are used to.
    03-30-10 11:29 AM

I suspect the OP is having issue with the threading of multiple SMSes, which to some business types, really turns out to be less than desirable.

03-30-10 11:31 AM
    i agree... I was hesitant for the longest time and i am so glad I did it!! i love the threaded text, better contact options for ringtones and text sounds, longer battery life, etc..
    03-30-10 11:32 AM
    I suspect the OP is having issue with the threading of multiple SMSes, which to some business types, really turns out to be less than desirable.

berger is right. this is my main issue, and does not seem to have a quick fix.
    I can live with the other two, but the streaming sms's don't work for my business needs. I need all messages to be seperate.
    03-30-10 01:36 PM
    can some one here speak ENGLISH PLEASE. whats this streaming stuff mean? lol ive been trying to update my tour all morning. it downloads ok, then verifies then goes to the backup mode, then its rollback complete. what gives?
    03-30-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD