I know there has been posts of this in the past I still havent really got a clear answer. In some threads i read about software making it possible to download jad/cod files etc. But i havent been ableto make thiswork.
    Also i have wifi and someone mentioned it was possible over that. But When i go to my email( not the bb email as i dont have a plan) i cant clicka link with the bb^^
    So is there anything working that someone tried out??
    /sol.
    08-25-10 08:21 AM
    OTA for software updates certainly will not work but app OTA updates should work fine over wifi
    08-25-10 08:45 AM
    Unfortunatly, Wifi without a BIS plan does not get you access to BlackBerry App World. That is the source of, and only OTA that developers have agreed to use.

There are other sources of Java programs, called Midlets, that are freely available to you through your Hotspot Browser. The problem is, they are all trivial apps, primarily simple games.

08-25-10 09:10 AM
    I have used a ota downloader software from my computer, that has been successful.
    It turns ota url into cod jad files that I then upload to my memory card and then download to BB. I do themes and and have put couple of free apps on BB this way
    this is web site where i got the ota downloader software
    Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop
    08-25-10 11:26 AM
    Thanks for input guys. I actually tried that OTA downloader once. It was with a bought theme here fromcrackberry. That didnt work for some reason
    Maybe it was just that theme...not sure hehe.
    /sol.
    08-25-10 11:42 AM
    Thanks for input guys. I actually tried that OTA downloader once. It was with a bought theme here fromcrackberry. That didnt work for some reason
    Maybe it was just that theme...not sure hehe.
    /sol.
    paid apps have go through bb phone with plan but free ones generally work I have put at least hundred free themes on card this way then downloaded to BB and some free apps like Mara Tick and Capture It .
    08-25-10 11:49 AM
    paid apps have go through bb phone with plan but free ones generally work I have put at least hundred free themes on card this way then downloaded to BB and some free apps like Mara Tick and Capture It .

ahh that would explain it then
    Cheers!
    08-26-10 07:15 AM
    Hi
    You can use GiveMeYourJad to download the Jad application.

With it you can download all the cod and at the end the alx file is created.
    08-26-10 07:48 AM
    that sounds very convenient to be honest haha trying to find that software now online. if you have a link id be a happy camper!
    08-26-10 10:36 AM
    lol never mind, just saw the link in your sig
    cheers!
    08-26-10 10:48 AM
    lol

That's why I put it in
    08-27-10 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD