Does anybody know where or how I can download a map of California and use it on my 8120? Something like Nokia maps that puts maps of the regions you download into your phone and creates direction for you in the specific map.

I dont have a data plan so I cant use google maps.
    08-02-08 09:30 PM
    You already posted this question here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/gma...estions-57946/

Double-posting is against forum rules.

EDIT: I realized my short answer sounded harsh, so let me explain since you are new. I don't want you to think we're unfriendly here, or unhelpful. You should always post a question only once, in the most appropriate forum. You really had two questions originally. When I saw the question above, I remembered answering it already. I didn't remember you, just the question, so I went looking for my answer. I was going to point you to that answer. When I found it, then I realized it was the same OP in both cases. So I replied with the caution against double-posting. I'm sorry if that came across harsh or unhelpful.

Be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page. They will help you a lot.
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-02-08 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added explanation
    08-02-08 09:36 PM
    You might also be able to use the newer Garmin software. I believe it is a one time fee of about 100.00 and the maps are on an SD card so no data would be necessary. That one-time fee gets its use on YOUR CURRENT PHONE and canNOT be transferred.

As Jeff noted, there are programs that allow you to download maps from a desktop computer and place them on the sd card. I have played with both and they can be a bit harder to setup. And I don't know about extensive maps, like All of CALIF.
    08-03-08 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD