Word on the street: Boulben, Tear, others out at BBRY. Can't link story yet, sorry...

Posted via CB10
    divakar likes this.
    11-25-13 07:58 AM
    11-25-13 08:01 AM
    Yes... they are out... now for some breath of fresh air should flow into the marketing team

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 08:04 AM
    All I can say is it's about time.
    11-25-13 08:04 AM
    11-25-13 08:05 AM
    He's still there?

Chen is going to have to clean house, you'd be hard press to find a head of any department that can say that they have been successful.

And that is the real problem at BlackBerry.... it wasn't just the marketing and PR did a bad job promoting BB10 and the Z10 at launch - to consumers, business and carriers. But that hardware and engineering didn't make the Z10 special. Software didn't come close to delivering a finished product. Bean counters didn't price the Z10 competitively. Testing let random reboot go through? Carrier relations - did they even try to get sales reps engaged (was hard based on the product they had to sell) The developer team did not get the apps the platform needed. Janitorial let too many secret slip out in the wast baskets.....

BlackBerry is going to need to reinvent themselves again, and the deadwood at the top has got to go.
    11-25-13 08:06 AM
    Great, let's hope they get people from the outside far away from bbry management culture.
    11-25-13 08:10 AM
    This is probably the best news I've heard in quite awhile. I wish this had happened months ago! Better late than never, though. Time for some fresh perspective.
    11-25-13 08:22 AM
    Love John Chen....I am super excited

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 08:25 AM
    No more of crazy third class marketing from BB. We had enough of it

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-25-13 08:26 AM
    Good riddance
    11-25-13 08:28 AM
    This is the best news I've heard in awhile and gives me hope for the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 08:34 AM
    This is the best news I've heard in awhile and gives me hope for the future.

Posted via CB10
    How much is his golden parachute?

sent from my galaxy note 3
    11-25-13 08:38 AM
    Aww Shiznitz!
    Taking these big wooden wedge blocks out from underneath might start the ball rolling again!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    11-25-13 08:41 AM
    great news!!!!
    11-25-13 08:46 AM
    boulben was pretty poor but whoever takes over will still have the same problem - small budget relative to competition.
    11-25-13 08:50 AM
    About time. As a consumer, I can only judge Boulben's performance by what they did advertising and marketing wise that made it to the eyeballs of the public. From that perspective, I saw little different from the waning days of RIM of the Mike L and Jim B era. Granted he wasn't the only problem, I think there are some corporate culture issues as well, but he's the most visible.
    11-25-13 08:56 AM
    Does this mean we'll get a better Super Bowl commercial in February? I thought the last one they had was lackluster. Spend big on a funny, interesting, and attention-grabbing Super Bowl commercial and people will be talking about BB10 for months afterwards. Look what it did for Monster.com and GoDaddy.com.
    11-25-13 09:58 AM
    Sooo THIS made my day!!!
    11-25-13 10:08 AM
    They should do what Microsoft has done with the marketing for the Surface Tablets:

Take it from on screen dancing fools to actual head to head comparisons against the competition and highlight its features and advantages. Plain and simple.
    11-25-13 10:10 AM
    They should do what Microsoft has done with the marketing for the Surface Tablets:

Take it from on screen dancing fools to actual head to head comparisons against the competition and highlight its features and advantages. Plain and simple.
    The Nokia Lumina commercial with the parents taking pictures at the school play is brilliant. I laugh every time I see it. That is what BB needs. If I worked anywhere at BlackBerry I might be wondering if I had a job come Jan 1. I think you are going to see a large downsize in Mid Level management
    11-25-13 10:29 AM

Not sure about that one. They'd loose.
    11-25-13 10:31 AM
    There was a new article on foxnews.com that ripped BB a good one as deserving to fail. Not because of products...but because of management not adapting to the ever changing environment. I kind of agree with them. If management does not adapt, then they do deserve to die. I hope this is that change that is so needed to turn things around.
    11-25-13 10:39 AM
    From what I have read BlackBerry marketing mainly hires ad companies then fires them when someone on the. Board of directors doesn't like the ad campaign they came up with. They need a CMO who is great and willing to stand up to the board, a CEO, to back them up and the rest of the board to back off and realize they don't know anything about Marketing and let the CMO do their job. And give them a real budget.

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    11-25-13 11:20 AM
    boulben was pretty poor but whoever takes over will still have the same problem - small budget relative to competition.
    In my part of the world, they had quite a few commercials on TV during prime time. The problem is that the commercials themselves were forgettable at best. They need a grand slam marketing campaign similar to the old MAC vs. PC commercials. Something to really get people talking. But they need the product and apps to be there before they do, otherwise it will go all for naught.

Native apps are pipe dream for now, so the Android integration needs to be better so that the apps behave like native (hub notifications, etc). They need to spend $$$ porting over the Android versions of the missing key apps (instagram, netflix, etc). This will hopefully not cost them too much to do. And they'll need to pony up and support these ports as well.

Blackberry is in the bottom of the 9th now. They need to pull out all the stops.
    11-25-13 12:29 PM
28 12