dont you guys think that RIM should makes some changes in the OS for OS6 users as we have from a long time being using the same interface. now it seems like boring. installing themes wont work! enjoying a new OS is very diffrent from changing the lookof your torch 9800 that too artificially. should make some new feature like android have. we are not asking them to launch a OS7 for OS6 users. just a humble request that make some changes itself in OS6 but some new enjoyable one.
    What about you guys think about it?
    12-12-12 12:09 AM
    I'm not trying to get personal here but this sounds fairly self centered. Why should RIM do something for the second newest OS but not anythinf for the third newest or OS7. Nothing major is expected to happen on any of these anymore, ever by the way.just basic continued support.
    calicocat2010 and shemaree09 like this.
    12-12-12 01:50 AM
    I'm not trying to get personal here but this sounds fairly self centered. Why should RIM do something for the second newest OS but not anythinf for the third newest or OS7. Nothing major is expected to happen on any of these anymore, ever by the way.just basic continued support.
    OS7 is itself a new and latest one having various new features which OS6 is lacking. Let them update both with some new cool stuff. See android everytime we update an android phone it is changed from a-z, new interface new features n much more but we r the same frm past years
    12-12-12 02:31 AM
    OS7 is itself a new and latest one having various new features which OS6 is lacking. Let them update both with some new cool stuff. See android everytime we update an android phone it is changed from a-z, new interface new features n much more but we r the same frm past years
    I suggest the news and rumours section. Doesnt sound like you have a clue about whats going on. In the future with blackberry.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    12-12-12 03:31 AM
    Not all android phones get a new interface with a new update. And not all android phones even get updated. And OS 6 is already so old, by the way. I don't think its cost effective to redesign an old OS that they're no longer using.

An example of Android Phones not getting new UI with updates:

- All HTC devices
    - All Sony devices
    - LG (2.2-2.3, no UI change)
    - Samsung (2.3-4.0 on Galaxy S2, Note)

Seems like the only android phones that get a new UI with every major update is:

- Motorola (2.2-2.3-4.0, all different UI)
    - Nexus

*And you must pity iPhone 3GS owners, cause iOS still looks the same throughout all these years, and those updates are just causing their 3GS to lag.

Sent from the world's (once) most powerful smartphone.
    12-12-12 03:44 AM
    Not all android phones get a new interface with a new update. And not all android phones even get updated. And OS 6 is already so old, by the way. I don't think its cost effective to redesign an old OS that they're no longer using.

An example of Android Phones not getting new UI with updates:

- All HTC devices
    - All Sony devices
    - LG (2.2-2.3, no UI change)
    - Samsung (2.3-4.0 on Galaxy S2, Note)

Seems like the only android phones that get a new UI with every major update is:

- Motorola (2.2-2.3-4.0, all different UI)
    - Nexus

*And you must pity iPhone 3GS owners, cause iOS still looks the same throughout all these years, and those updates are just causing their 3GS to lag.

All i saw on orchard road was notes and iphones
    12-12-12 03:55 AM
    No they shouldn't. Many os6 guys didn't upgrade to 7 because of blackberry 10. Also os6 was never going to be exciting. It was And will be boring and functional

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-12-12 04:06 AM
    Hmm. Anything guys. Now let's hope that bb 10 makes some fun out. Hope it bets all
    12-12-12 04:16 AM
    Does apple still make updates for their iphone 3GS? No right? Its old and not anymore their utmost priority

Don't worry, you can get bb10!!!

Maybe ui updates could be good but then, however nice rim could be, they still have aims and a need for money.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    12-12-12 04:20 AM
    All i saw on orchard road was notes and iphones
    Don't worry, not everyone buy their phones there!

12-12-12 04:36 AM
    Does apple still make updates for their iphone 3GS? No right? Its old and not anymore their utmost priority

Don't worry, you can get bb10!!!

Maybe ui updates could be good but then, however nice rim could be, they still have aims and a need for money.

Hoping for the best. Thumbs up
    12-12-12 05:30 AM
    I don't think it is in their best interest to dedicate time into updating an OS that is two generations old. At least not with UI changes. I'm on T-Mobile and my 9700 received an OS update last month. There wasn't anything noticeable that changed, and I didn't expect any. But an update did arrive, so background changes were made. I would say that OS6 devices are about maxed out on what the OS can do with that hardware.

RIM is still supporting OS6. The BBM the Voice update works on OS6, and they are even working on an OS5 BBM update. I don't think we can say they have given up on OS6 if they keep updating apps for it.
    12-12-12 08:18 AM
    Even if they change the ui, user experience won't change much and it will still be "boring" as the op put it. So don't see the point wasting resources for it. Os6 did the job you paid for. Time to get a less "boring" blackberry 10

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-12-12 08:22 AM
    I think RIM should suggest you upgrade. That's like expecting Microsoft to make some updates to Windows 98.
    12-12-12 10:04 AM
    I'm on OS 6 ... a Torch 9800 ... and no I don't think RIM should do anything but get BB10 to market so that I can swap my 9800 for a BB10 QWERTY!
    12-12-12 10:08 AM
    I think RIM should suggest you upgrade. That's like expecting Microsoft to make some updates to Windows 98.
    Not really, Microsoft still supports XP, which is 3 versions behind 8. So I guess what the OP is saying is that RIM should still updates similar to MS and keep a few versions behind the newest one with some updates.
    12-12-12 10:11 AM
    Nope, that's been RIMs problem... too much concern for supporting legacy items. RIM should just be responsible for making sure legacy products still work etc but in terms of updated UI, move to bb10.
    12-12-12 10:12 AM
    yes exactly their update hardley changs anystuff. from a long time torch also gave us whatever it could. so lets hope for the best. BB10
    12-12-12 10:46 AM
    Nope, that's been RIMs problem... too much concern for supporting legacy items. RIM should just be responsible forr making sure legacy products still work etc but in terms of updated UI, move to bb10.
    BB10 would be quite expensive. i guess :/
    12-12-12 10:47 AM
    yes exactly their update hardley changs anystuff. from a long time torch also gave us whatever it could. so lets hope for the best. BB10
    12-12-12 10:49 AM
    all eyes on BB10 now
    12-12-12 10:50 AM
    haha.. exactly.. it wont happen ever
    12-12-12 10:51 AM
    Not really, Microsoft still supports XP, which is 3 versions behind 8. So I guess what the OP is saying is that RIM should still updates similar to MS and keep a few versions behind the newest one with some updates.
    Not quite. MS does not make interface changed with updates to XP as the OP is asking about for OS 6. Support for XP is relegated to mostly security issues and maybe a bug fix or two.

I'm still using a 9800 with OS 6 and would have liked at least some of the features of OS 7 - the ones that didn't need new hardware to work (like turning off the "panes", better contact editing from "out-of-app" sources). But I never expected wholesale UI changes. We do still get the occasional build update. There was one just a few months ago to build .747 - which still hasn't been properly stickied in the 9800 forum section yet (still showing only .723 as the "latest").

However, I'm now just waiting it out for BB10.
    12-12-12 10:54 AM
    Correction:
    Just a few months ago, Microsoft no longer supports windows XP

12-12-12 11:56 AM
    BB10 would be quite expensive. i guess :/
    yes I am also concerned. I am also hoping it won't be too expensive. Right now enjoying the Android experience and will stick to it if they price the BB 'much' above the Samsung/Sony flagship models. I shifted to Sony because 9900 being as expensive as S3 didn't make any sense to me considering its camera and battery backup
    12-12-12 11:57 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD