I just got back from a trip and realized how much I hate to turn off my bb on the airplane. You just sit there and wonder how many messages you are missing, waiting for the plane to touch down so you can turn in back on. Then all those messages that you missed start coming in and you feel so much better! It's amazing how attached you get to your bb.
    02-03-08 06:40 AM
    yeah, that's me. I can't wait to get on an airplane with wifi so I can use my 8320!
    02-03-08 08:53 AM
    As much as I'm addicted to my bb I actually look forward to the peace and quite of no emails. However after I turn it back on I stress out about all the emails that need to be answered. Before I power off I turn off the transmitter, When it's safe to turn it back on I watch movies on my curve or listen to music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-08 09:01 AM
    My Dad refuses to turn the radio off. I'll email him when I know he is on a plane, and I will get a reply right away. I just turn the radio off, so I can watch a video.

02-03-08 09:03 AM
    I hate turning off my bb so much that I boycotted planes, lol j/k

02-03-08 09:29 AM
    I NEVER turn off my BB when I'm on a plain! Its a bunch of BS that my BB is going to bring down a plain! HA! Sooner or later we arnt going to be aloud taking cell phones on plains because someone is going to try and blow a plain up with one. **sigh**

Click
    02-03-08 02:00 PM
    it does suck. when i flew home to chicago, i really didn't know what to do with myself... until the office came on. then i was okay lol.
    02-03-08 02:19 PM
    I NEVER turn off my BB when I'm on a plain! Its a bunch of BS that my BB is going to bring down a plain! HA! Sooner or later we arnt going to be aloud taking cell phones on plains because someone is going to try and blow a plain up with one. **sigh**

Click
    Well, I hope I'm never on your "plain"!!

I actually haven't flown yet since getting my BB, so haven't experienced that withdrawal yet... I'll find out at end of month.
    02-03-08 02:30 PM
    Well, I hope I'm never on your "plain"!!

I actually haven't flown yet since getting my BB, so haven't experienced that withdrawal yet... I'll find out at end of month.
    *sigh* You know I even have IEspell check on here, I never use it tho. lol

Click
    02-03-08 03:20 PM
    I'll be turning off the radio when I go flying

They ask me to turn off my iPod on planes... How can THAT bring down a plane?

Pfffft, bloody EasyJet.

ADLEN

02-03-08 05:49 PM
    Those of you that claim to be using your BB's to send emails while flying I'd like to know more please. I've tried to get cell service while in the air and I've never got it to pick up a signal.
    Also what is this wifi on a plain? Do they have such a thing? That would be sweet! What about AC power?

02-05-08 02:09 AM
    Those of you that claim to be using your BB's to send emails while flying I'd like to know more please. I've tried to get cell service while in the air and I've never got it to pick up a signal.
    Also what is this wifi on a plain? Do they have such a thing? That would be sweet! What about AC power?
    In-flight WiFi is usually only on long flights. I think most majors and US air companies will have it. Now I just have to wait for EasyJet to get it from Liverpool to Amsterdam!

As for AC power, Apple do a flight adapter for MacBooks, Macbook Airs and MacBook Pros so I guess that runs off the power things you have in your armrest/elsewhere sometimes. I guess you can get an adapter for BBs, Laptops or even a household plug socket.
    02-05-08 10:31 AM
    We're supposed to turn them off???? (j/k)
    02-09-08 07:22 PM
    they don't have an off lol. so why.... if it loses service so be it. anyway it will kill you battery quicker having it on anyways....
    02-09-08 07:30 PM
    I haven't even had my first hit yet - 8130 comes on Tuesday. But man... is this the sort of addiction I have to look forward to? You guys are crazy! If you lost your job would you be strongarming old ladies' purses for cash to pay your cell bills? lol
    02-10-08 10:31 AM
    I've never gotten cell service in the air anyway?
    02-10-08 01:07 PM
    I haven't even had my first hit yet - 8130 comes on Tuesday. But man... is this the sort of addiction I have to look forward to? You guys are crazy! If you lost your job would you be strongarming old ladies' purses for cash to pay your cell bills? lol
    I was wondering the same thing. I don't have one yet either but will soon. Let me know how bad you get hooked after Tuesday haha.
    02-10-08 01:11 PM
    WORRY ABOUT THE SAFETY of others not you bb and emails its just a simple request turn off you bb? I have a small ? do you guys bb in church? no need to answer if you don't then dont.

02-10-08 01:48 PM
    I just got my first plane experience this weekend. I was fine turning it off for the 1 hour flight, but turning back on....Whoa! I was so excited to see all the emails!
    02-10-08 06:12 PM
    WORRY ABOUT THE SAFETY of others not you bb and emails its just a simple request turn off you bb? I have a small ? do you guys bb in church? no need to answer if you don't then dont.

Agreed. If smokers can go without their fix on a plane, you should be able to keep the Berry off.
    02-10-08 06:34 PM
    Mythbusters busted the myth about cell phones affecting modern airplanes in any way so I'm not sure that instructions to turn them off have anything to do with safety.
    02-11-08 01:05 PM
    Honestly the government instills fear in to every aspect of human life, scare tactics work people. Do you truly think a tiny cell phone that emits a quite weak signal that high in the air versus the tons of cell phone towers/radio towers that you constantly fly over each time you somewhere could actually bring a plane down? You have gotta quit watching so much twilight zone.
    02-13-08 01:30 AM
    Do you truly think a tiny cell phone that emits a quite weak signal that high in the air versus the tons of cell phone towers/radio towers that you constantly fly over each time you somewhere could actually bring a plane down?
    Heck, if that was the case, terrorists and postal workers would probably be bringing planes down by sending such a signal from the ground as a hobby.
    02-13-08 01:35 PM

They ask me to turn off my iPod on planes... How can THAT bring down a plane?
    I roll my eyes at this, and actually at the turning off of the phones as well.

If there REALLY was a chance for a phone or Ipod being able to jam communications equipment or even worse...bring down the plane, I am quiet certain they would collect these items at the door.
    02-13-08 02:15 PM
    I can't wait to try mine on a plane.. Oh yeah and where can I find the air-wi fi

02-13-08 02:22 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD