I don't unerstand the volume controls on the Blackberry Curve 8330 from telus. i set it to loud and iv edited it so the its set to tone and on high for texts but when i get a txt the only thing that happens is the little red light flashes. the only options that seem to work right are vibrate phone only and off, every other option i have the same problem with, why is this??
    Last edited by dil.lan; 08-18-09 at 04:19 PM.
    08-18-09 04:17 PM
    In advanced options and in the profile you want set - sms messages, do you have number of beeps or number of vibrates set to higher than zero? What do you have the sound set as?
    08-18-09 04:24 PM
    Under Profiles, Advanced, Profile of choice, scroll down to SMS Text & click on it...the very first selection, "out of holster" should be set to "tone" as you said you did. Is your incoming call tone working? Other tones working for level 1 messages or Facebook?
    08-18-09 04:41 PM
    im in loud and the beeps are set to 3 and the vibrations are set to 2
    08-18-09 05:44 PM
    set to tone and vibrate?
    08-18-09 05:50 PM
    Set the Profile to Normal then do advanced & set individually to high. Think its the Loud Profile setting that might be stopping the tones...my song ringtone wouldn't play on the Loud Profile setting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 07:24 PM
    Weird, I never use normal, just loud and mine works fine. Maybe it's the ringtone? Or maybe your right? Have you done a battery pull? I'd bring it back to have them check.
    08-18-09 07:29 PM
    YES the battery pull worked brilliantly, what exactly r the + and - buttons on the right side used for other than volume in calls or is that all???
    08-19-09 12:44 AM
    The volume control buttons don't control profile changes (like they do on some dumb phones - my RAZR switched ring volumes that way).

They are mostly just for changing volume when you are either on a call, listening to music, or using another app that has audio. If you are in the media app, holding a volume control button down will also move you to the next or previous track.
    08-19-09 09:29 AM
    I was having this same problem a couple of days ago. In a nerdy moment, I did some playing around and found out that the volume controls sometimes get out of whack when you disconnect the headphones. And, in my case, it only affected the profile (Normal) that I was set to before connecting the headphones. After pulling the headphones out, my Loud and Vibrate profiles would work, but my Normal profile wouldn't make a peep. A battery pull wouldn't always work for me either. Plugging the headphones in and taking a look at the profiles, I realized that my Normal profile would go to "mute". I adjusted it while the HPs were still there, and haven't had a problem with it since.

I really don't know the gist of the situation, but I've had 3 friends who experienced the same thing.
    08-19-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD