Hi Guys. This is a heads up for those on Vodafone UK network. Recently my Torch caught phone flu, everybody say ah, LED's stop working. Being on contract I took it to my nearest Vodafone store where they proudly announced that they would only repair the phone not replace it with a new one, despite my having insurance and the phone still in warranty. I wasnt happy with this so left the shop with my phone. Wishing to complain I phoned Vodafone directly who in the space of five minutes arranged a replacement phone to arrive by courier the following day. I was also advised that the shop should have exchanged the phone there and then.

Motto of the story. Dont take shop answers go directly to Vodafone UK. To do this just dial 191 from your Vodafone handset.
    04-28-11 02:18 AM
    In the US we have shops that are both "company owned" and "agents" Company owned stores are just that, the people in the store are employees of the Phone company, where as agent stores are licensed by the phone company to sell their products. I have noticed that in agent stores the help is much more likely to try to get you to switch phones and are less likely to actually try to fix your problem.

Just wondering if the situation is similar in the UK and if you went to an agent store, not a company owned one.
    04-28-11 09:28 AM
    In the US we have shops that are both "company owned" and "agents" Company owned stores are just that, the people in the store are employees of the Phone company, where as agent stores are licensed by the phone company to sell their products. I have noticed that in agent stores the help is much more likely to try to get you to switch phones and are less likely to actually try to fix your problem.

Just wondering if the situation is similar in the UK and if you went to an agent store, not a company owned one.
    Nah, the people in the stores are there to sell phones and contracts not to act as customer service midlemen. Ring customer services, if it's warranty they send u a refurb next day, if it's insurance they send you a new phone next day, simple. Don't bother going to the shop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-11 11:53 AM
    Vodafone UK are absolute rubbish when it has come to my girlfriend's phone with them both in the stores and on the call centre.

She was promised call backs that never came, then the call centre promised actions from a store that the store refused to action.

Then when she called to find out where her phone was as it was late back from repair it transpired that they had lost the phone.

Absolutely useless, I'm just so glad I don't have to deal with them and as from June when she can leave my girlfriend won't be dealing with them anymore either.

The most fun I had with Vodafone was telling their customers who came in to sign up for a new contract in store while we waited for them to trace the lost phone to leave and go to Orange instead because of their awful service!
    04-30-11 09:31 AM

Same in Canada, though unlike the Vodaphone story, if I called my carrier, the replacement phone would be a refurb, not a brand new one
    04-30-11 01:29 PM
    Same in Canada, though unlike the Vodaphone story, if I called my carrier, the replacement phone would be a refurb, not a brand new one
    That's normal, they give you a refurb so you don't have to wait for a repair, if you claim trough insurance you will get a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD