If you are on the fence, just get it. I hesitated and it sold out on amazon and BlackBerry twice. I was forced to wait and watch more reviews while waiting in painful anticipation.

Get over yourself and stop worrying about one or two features!!! I had NO trouble whatsoever adapting to this thing!!!

The two week adjustment period is a MYTH!!! I adapted immediately. You will too. Get it as soon as possible!!

Remember shop BlackBerry has a 30 day policy if you really hate it. But you won't so just get it already.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:49 AM
    now this is enthusiastic...

Z30 144GB
    hpjrt and rarsen like this.
    10-25-14 07:54 AM
    Well, there is a period that people need to allow themselves to adapt to it, but it's longer if you're coming from a touch screen device.

However I do agree that if you're on the fence about it, that means you pretty much want it and have been looking at it, just jump and get it!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    10-25-14 07:56 AM
    When I first saw one in the flesh at the Telus store, I won't lie, I had doubts. It was a shock to see it the first time, and I was wondering if I would be making the right choice by going with one.

Fast forward, I took the plunge. A- a- amazing device. Game changer for sure.

Now when I go back and hold my Z30, I don't think I could ever go back to a narrrow device. And boy o boy, after using the Z series keyboards, I forgot how great the physical keyboard is from my old 9700/9900 series! so much better.
    10-25-14 08:28 AM
    Stop posting things like this PLEASE. I'm on tmobile and can't get the passport not paying $800 for a phone

Posted via Q10RR
    10-25-14 08:49 AM
    When I first saw one in the flesh at the Telus store, I won't lie, I had doubts. It was a shock to see it the first time, and I was wondering if I would be making the right choice by going with one.

Fast forward, I took the plunge. A- a- amazing device. Game changer for sure.

Now when I go back and hold my Z30, I don't think I could ever go back to a narrrow device. And boy o boy, after using the Z series keyboards, I forgot how great the physical keyboard is from my old 9700/9900 series! so much better.
    I've always been a virtual keyboard guy ever since the storm. I got the Passport on launch day mostly to try it, but thinking I would likely give it to my wife who has never liked virtual keyboards. I was blazingly fast on the Z30 keyboard so speed was not the issue, but what I realize is that the the physical keys are just so much more accurate.

Part of my job requires typing complex search queries with capitals, symbols and brackets. With the Z30 it was pretty much impossible (since the autocorrect was quite aggressive). But with the Passport it is actually quite easy once you start to memorize the physical keys corresponding to the symbol virtual keyboard, not to mention the accuracy for typing non-standard terms that would have been a disaster with the auto correction.

I just find it provides a perfect balance between the advantages of the virtual keyboard over previous physical keyboards (swiping, deleting) and the advantages of physical keyboards over virtual keyboards (accuracy, control and confidence). I know some may bash the absence of a full keyboard, but I think the Passport really provides a good bridge to those long-time virtual keyboard users.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:52 AM
    Had one for a week. Typing is back to being accurate and this is a beautiful device.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:45 PM
    Now several weeks with mine and I still love it. BlackBerry hit it out of the park with this device in my opinion. As long as BlackBerry makes phones like this they will have me as a customer!

Passport on AT&T
    10-25-14 01:55 PM
    I'm hesitating...

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:17 PM
    Yeah dont hesitate... this is literally the best phone I've ever used. Great ******* investment by me

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:44 PM
    Stop posting things like this PLEASE. I'm on tmobile and can't get the passport not paying $800 for a phone

Posted via Q10RR
    You will pay whatever you have to pay to get this amazing phone and it'll be worth it!!

I'm on tmo and bought it outright!
    10-25-14 06:41 PM
    I was wondering about the Arabic letters on the phone but, it's perfect and easy to use it, long story short, I've got the passport and I feel special.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:23 PM
    You'll get used to it faster than you think. I came from Z30 and after less than a week my typing has vastly improved.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:53 PM
    If you are on the fence, just get it. I hesitated and it sold out on amazon and BlackBerry twice. I was forced to wait and watch more reviews while waiting in painful anticipation.

Get over yourself and stop worrying about one or two features!!! I had NO trouble whatsoever adapting to this thing!!!

The two week adjustment period is a MYTH!!! I adapted immediately. You will too. Get it as soon as possible!!

Remember shop BlackBerry has a 30 day policy if you really hate it. But you won't so just get it already.

Posted via CB10
    I'd disagree as far as the "two week adjustment period Myth" thing goes. Certainly took about 10 days for me to get use to the device. However, i agree, don't hesitate...just do it!!!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-25-14 08:56 PM
    Done. Still practicing...

The wide screen, I don't wanna miss it anymore. Although, the ease of use with one thumb and swiping on the Q10 is unmatched. I like'em both. But long browsing sessions doing web research and working through manuals is so much better...

:-)))))

***PPosted by PPrem WatsaPP***
    10-25-14 09:34 PM
    My honeymoon period is over, and I value your sentiment

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-25-14 09:38 PM
    My honeymoon period is over, and I value your sentiment

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    So you don't kiss and tell?

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-25-14 10:16 PM
    I love this phone, got it today and love being on a physical keyboard again and the amount viewable on the screen is amazing!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-25-14 10:29 PM
    It did take me 2-3 weeks to get back up to fast typing speeds, where I could comfortably type on the new layout.

Muscle memory is difficult to overcome when using such a new keyboard layout. It is well worth the ramp up time though... absolutely loving the device now.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:20 PM
    Thanks for rubbing it in...

Sincerely,
    Verizon Customer

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975, Carjackd and BeautyEh like this.
    10-26-14 09:30 AM
    ...unless you're on verizon.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 11:54 AM
    I'm holding out for white!

My Z10 Whiteout
    10-26-14 03:41 PM
    Here's my honest opinion coming from a Z30:

There is a bit of time you need to spend getting used to the keyboard. The layout is challenging having used a Bold before the Z10/Z30. The absence of the alt button keeps throwing me, but I find myself getting used to it now, and I have much more control over what I'm typing.

Other than that, the phone is fast, it has a fantastic screen, battery life is great, and it's a sturdy build. The camera is really great in bright light, but I haven't tried it in low light settings yet.

My only concern with this phone is the ability to keep it in good shape. I fear, because it is an awkward size, that I'm going to end up dropping it. I would love to find a holster or something to be able to avoid keeping it in my pocket, as it is a fairly tight fit for even loose fitting pants. If you can find a solution for its awkwardness, then there is no reason at all to pass up this phone. This is, even after using it for just a few days, my favorite Blackberry phone. Actually, it's my favorite phone ever!
    10-26-14 05:09 PM
    I've never used a physical keyboard before and I think I'm pretty adapted to this already. I'm not super fast, but I make a lot less mistakes than my z10

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:40 PM
    It blew me away. I have zero experience with a keyboard, and I can type away easily. The keys are large and comfortable, screen is amazing and it has such a unique quality to it. It really is like nothing out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:42 PM
37 12