Not to mention anyone on this forum, but I always wondered about the guys who say that they moved to another OS, but they still exist here on Crackberry, telling everyone that BlackBerry 10 is dead.

What's that, can anyone explain it to me? Why are you, guys, telling everyone about BlackBerry 10 death here? IMO the BlackBerry 10 is alive and kickin'. I'm getting the regular updates, my BlackBerry Passport device works extremely well with no any trouble at all and I don't feel the lack of apps mostly using the native apps, but having an ability to install the Android apps in addition.

So, I always wanted to say to that guys: "why wouldn't ‎you go say 'BlackBerry's dead' somewhere else", like on the Apple Support community web site, on the Reddit or on the Android forums. There is no point of your existing here at all.‎ If you don't like the BB10 OS that doesn't mean that we, who enjoy the use of BlackBerry like to see you moaning literally about nothing here, corrupting the threads with the non sense empty comments.
    01-20-16 12:59 PM
    I use a 9900 so I guess I'm still legit on CB.

And yes. BB10 is dead.

*ME173X
    01-20-16 01:09 PM
    There are so many threads about this. Th next two updates are small security updates. There will be no improvements or features.

It's like saying Windows 98 is not dead. Yes, people use it, but it isn't supported or developed any longer. It will simply exist for users that want to use it as is.

Posted via CB10
    tarosst, JeepBB and Mecca EL like this.
    01-20-16 01:15 PM
    I bought a Priv, still a Blackberry. BB10 is dead. Sorry to disappoint, I liked it too. But it's over.
    lesarmitage, Witmen and Mecca EL like this.
    01-20-16 01:18 PM
    There are so many threads about this. Th next two updates are small security updates. There will be no improvements or features.

It's like saying Windows 98 is not dead. Yes, people use it, but it isn't supported or developed any longer. It will simply exist for users that want to use it as is.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone uses Windows 98 anymore. That's crazy talk!
    sam81 and gugomat like this.
    01-20-16 01:19 PM
    I don't think anyone uses Windows 98 anymore. That's crazy talk!
    I just stopped using it a few months ago! Lol, I actually meant XP. But still.

Perhaps the better phrase is it is being left for dead.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-20-16 01:24 PM
    I bought a Priv, still a Blackberry. BB10 is dead. Sorry to disappoint, I liked it too. But it's over.
    Its an android device by Blackberry. Same as a Mac running windows is a PC made by Apple. Blackberry themselves don't even call it a Blackberry. They call it Priv (By Blackberry). The only reason it says Blackberry on the device at all it because the company changed its name from RIM to Blackberry. Really it would have been a RIM Priv if they had not done the name change.
    Q10Bold, lift and Slash82 like this.
    01-20-16 01:30 PM
    Love my Priv. BlackBerry all the way!

But I still dabble in BB10! It didn't turn out the way we had hoped, but onwards and upwards!
    01-20-16 01:31 PM
    I have a Priv and a Passport and BB10 is dead as it relates to new devices or significant upgrades imo.
    southlander likes this.
    01-20-16 02:43 PM
    Great post OP. Agree 101%. For a supposed dead operating system, it is feigning oblivion quite well.

While I don't expect any significant new features on bb10, it is running great as is and I don't think I am missing anything important without feature updates. I don't even use the major updates from 10. 3 (blend and voice assistant). But everybody uses their phone differently.

Posted via CB10
    TiFr3d, gugomat and wincyUt like this.
    01-20-16 03:14 PM
    Not to mention anyone on this forum, but I always wondered about the guys who say that they moved to another OS, but they still exist here on Crackberry, telling everyone that BlackBerry 10 is dead.

What's that, can anyone explain it to me? Why are you, guys, telling everyone about BlackBerry 10 death here? IMO the BlackBerry 10 is alive and kickin'. I'm getting the regular updates, my BlackBerry Passport device works extremely well with no any trouble at all and I don't feel the lack of apps mostly using the native apps, but having an ability to install the Android apps in addition.

So, I always wanted to say to that guys: "why wouldn't ‎you go say 'BlackBerry's dead' somewhere else", like on the Apple Support community web site, on the Reddit or on the Android forums. There is no point of your existing here at all.‎ If you don't like the BB10 OS that doesn't mean that we, who enjoy the use of BlackBerry like to see you moaning literally about nothing here, corrupting the threads with the non sense empty comments.
    Once these same people pulled their heads out of the sand about 10.3.3 not coming. They still insist.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    01-20-16 03:29 PM
    Well, many of us here were long time BlackBerry users and it's sad to see a whole platform going down.

The CrackBerry community is a place to discuss, so people might stay around and discuss about the whole thing, maybe having switched to a Priv or completely away from BlackBerry.

I have to disagree with your statement that BB10 is far from being dead. In my opinion, that is simply not true. Yes, I am also using a Passport and it is of course working, yet that doesn't change anything about the platform.

BlackBerry is not continuing active development or promotion of the OS and it's highly unlikely that we will see any further BB10 devices. The user base is ridiculously small and app development has stopped long ago. While you can still use Android apps through the runtime environment, it's questionable for how long it will work with the outdated version of said RTE.

So yes, and sadly, BB10 is dead in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, neoberry99 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-20-16 03:30 PM
    It's not a matter of what "You loyal would like to see".

And honestly, while there are a select few who will post "BB10 is dead" responses, realistically you have to recognize that BB10 is struggling to survive. BB10 will continue to survive as long as there is a reason for BBRY to support it. Unfortunately , that userbase and reason is eroding at a really disastrous pace. Does it stink to hear or recognize? Absolutelyl. But the reality is there.

I think your primary issue is recognizing how your personal requirements hold up against the requirements of the majority. Now you're in a situation where your own contributions, as well as like minded individuals, can't sustain a viable revenue/profit for your preferred platform.
    01-20-16 03:35 PM
    Once these same people pulled their heads out of the sand about 10.3.3 not coming. They still insist.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3 and 10.3.4 might have been finished when BlackBerry removed everything from the testing servers and moved most of the development staff. We were already looking for 10.3.3 to be leaked back then..... Because BlackBerry releases a couple of updates with "newer" dates attached to them, it doesn't mean that they actually have people working on these updates anymore (or at least not a real team of developers). The key thing is they made it clear that the Runtime isn't getting updated, that alone puts an expiration date on BB10. For some it's already a problem, for other it might be fine for another two years.... it's just something everyone looking to "buy" a new BB10 device should consider. If you already have one... use it till it doesn't meet your needs and then move on.

BBOS isn't dead, but that doesn't mean I'd go out an buy a new 9900. BB10 isn't dead either.... but it's future will be very limited as time goes on.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 03:40 PM
    BB10 isn't dead, but is on life support. This is no different that BBOS7. I love BB10 and won't move until it no longer functions for me, but that doesn't change the facts that it won't be moving forward anymore. What you have now, is what you will have in the future. I call that a dead end, but a functioning one. But I am more pissed off that Chen is trying everything to kill it and not make it look like he is. I love BB10.
    gruv4u, lift, gugomat and 1 others like this.
    01-20-16 03:44 PM
    10.3.3 and 10.3.4 might have been finished when BlackBerry removed everything from the testing servers and moved most of the development staff. We were already looking for 10.3.3 to be leaked back then..... Because BlackBerry releases a couple of updates with "newer" dates attached to them, it doesn't mean that they actually have people working on these updates anymore (or at least not a real team of developers). The key thing is they made it clear that the Runtime isn't getting updated, that alone puts an expiration date on BB10. For some it's already a problem, for other it might be fine for another two years.... it's just something everyone looking to "buy" a new BB10 device should consider. If you already have one... use it till it doesn't meet your needs and then move on.

BBOS isn't dead, but that doesn't mean I'd go out an buy a new 9900. BB10 isn't dead either.... but it's future will be very limited as time goes on.
    Another post based on assumptions.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    01-20-16 03:44 PM
    As for BB10 being dead, it isn't yet. I would say that it is in ICU and on life support waiting for Blackberry to pull the plug. Even if they do stop updating BB10, the handsets will still continue to work. I say worry about it when it actually happens and enjoy them while you can.
    gugomat and Bay 13 like this.
    01-20-16 03:47 PM
    Going through the posts here it also becomes obvious that everyone can have their own definition of an OS being "dead".

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 03:52 PM
    Also, there's nothing wrong with using a dead platform as long as it meets your demands/needs.

Compared with a BB10 device, my Bold 9900 should be a decayed corpse by now. But it still serves me well at work.

*ME173X
    Q10Bold, sam81, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    01-20-16 03:54 PM
    What we know is that BB10 serves a purpose for those that are vested in the hardware and software, in this case I speak of volume purchasers. What will most likely be the case for BB10 moving forward will be dictated by these customers.

Is there a better way for BB10 to be utilized and developed? That's what 2016 will bring.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 03:54 PM
    What we know is that BB10 serves a purpose for those that are vested in the hardware and software, in this case I speak of volume purchasers. What will most likely be the case for BB10 moving forward will be dictated by these customers.

Is there a better way for BB10 to be utilized and developed? That's what 2016 will bring.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and would state it already has been dictated. Most have left Blackberry and thus why BB10 is no longer being developed. The move to android was an attempt to get some of these customers back.
    gugomat and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    01-20-16 04:43 PM
    I think the definition of dead needs to be understood. No one is stating that a BB10 phone will cease to function. That's not going to happen. Being dead doesn't mean you are going to wake up and your phone won't operate. Of course it will function. WebOS phones still function. Because a platform is stated as being dead means that it will more than likely stop being supported by the company at some point. Why would anyone think that their phone wasn't going to work all of a sudden? Playbooks still function, so do BBOS phones, so does my old Motorola Razr.. Before criticizing people for saying BB10 is dead I think a better understanding of what they mean and what that means needs to be understood.

Denial is understandable, but the signs are all over the place like the fact that the "Built for Blackberry" program has been officially terminated.
    TgeekB, sam81, LazyEvul and 3 others like this.
    01-20-16 05:10 PM
    CB is somewhat disappointing. If you're returning your Priv, don't start another thread. It would be cool to see a single "BB10 is dead only thread". I could care less about what people think of the platform I chose from use (this is why I still use BB10). However, some people are really emotional about the subject. The OP's overall statement is valid.

I'm hopeful and I may still purchase the Passport. If I don't get it, until it stops performing I'll continue to use my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    gugomat and SomeoneOrOther like this.
    01-20-16 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is a ridiculous comparison. Win98 is definitively EOL as there are in fact no more patches or security updates, but BB10 is still officially supported with AT LEAST two updates scheduled.

A better comparison would be Windows 7 which is no longer being developed, but which is still fully supported for bug fixes and security updates.

The two big differences between Windows 7 and BB10 is that 1) there is a clear upgrade path for Windows 7, and 2) Windows 7 has a specifies EOL date, while BB10 does not.

BB10 will almost certainly be supported until Dec. 2017, and possibly a lot longer, OR until Enterprise clients and governments stop needing it, whichever comes LATER, not first.

That doesn't mean new feature development or an update to the Android runtime. Just good old fashioned basic support for current functionality, which is good enough for some of us, and not at all good enough for others.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 05:33 PM
    Wouldn't the correct way to refer to it be bb10 is a zombie? Not dead, but not alive...

I use a Priv, love the device, but still go back to my Passport here and there, and it still feels like a superior piece of hardware, just wish it had Google services compatibility officially, that's all its missing! Buy it's a huge thing to be missing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-20-16 06:29 PM
220 123 ...