You can manage all your email setting from browser which I find much easier and quicker.

https://att.blackberry.com/
    Different carriers will have a slight different address.
    12-04-11 11:30 PM
    If i have all my settings already working/set up on my BB - what does the BIS online management do - meaning what can i do on the page?

Do i have to send them PIN and IMEI again even though i already use BIS (isn't that the page where i register for BIS)?

I tried to log in, but no clue if i already got a password when i first got BIS. I send them my PIN, so they could send me my "forgotten" password, got nothing send to my BB.

#amidoinitwrong?
    12-05-11 06:06 PM
  3. T
    Thanks for the reminder. You can also use the page to set up and modify your email filters, including Level 1 messaging.
    12-05-11 10:11 PM
    Ok, i did send them my PIN afterall and got a reply to my BB, saying sth like this (i translate from german):

"You requested your password. Username and password don't exist. Please use your handheld to use Blackberry Internet Service"

So..how to log in? Or really no browser/online management?
    Thnx
    12-06-11 11:10 AM
    You might need to contact your carrier since it's the carrier that first sets up BIS for you.
    12-06-11 12:15 PM
    interesting.
    so much easier than setting up on the phone.
    thanks.
    12-06-11 08:54 PM
    Alright, i contacted my carrier (O2) and they explained me how to do it.
    So if anybody had the same problem as me:

Go to "set up" -> "e-mail" , push BB-button choose "username", follow instructions to set up username and password. Then you can login with those on your computers browser.

Until now i could change all my email-settings on my BB without entering a username/password..

The above however will change that, so that once you set up a username/password you will always have to enter them into your phone if you want to change email-settings etc.

So, i haven't done it yet (always entering passwords can be painful), so is it really worth it?
    12-07-11 06:26 AM
  8. T
    So once you set it up there's no way to go back?
    12-07-11 06:57 AM
    Exactly. That's what my BB says, it's even written in bold letters.
    You can check it out, before making the change.
    I haven't done it yet, 'cause i'm not sure.

But not to confuse anyone, you only have to enter username/passw when you CHANGE email-settings etc. on your phone. But once you do it, it will be permanent that you have to enter a password.

Receiving emails, BIS etc should work as always without passw.
    12-07-11 07:17 AM
  10. T
    If what you're saying is the case, then it's also permanent in the sense that there will forever be remote web access to your BIS. Mine is set up, because the Sprint store rep "helped" me do that when I got my first BlackBerry. I never even realized you don't have to have computer access to BIS.

I guess there are pluses and minuses to each way. If you have web access, you can still reach your filters and push accounts if you happen to lose your phone or if someone steals your phone (I mean before you get your new BlackBerry ). But if you activate this feature, someone at a computer terminal in Timbuk 3 can try to hack your BIS. So, consider all of this and decide which way best meets your needs before you activate it.
    Last edited by Tnis; 12-07-11 at 07:38 AM.
    12-07-11 07:29 AM
    ^^Exactly. I'll probably continue without it for now.
    12-07-11 07:40 AM
    I liked it before where you could create your own BIS account online. The intrusctions you said doesn't seem to be showing up for me on 9900/7.1.0.74
    12-08-11 10:53 AM
    12-08-11 11:23 AM
    Exactly. That's what my BB says, it's even written in bold letters.
    You can check it out, before making the change.
    I haven't done it yet, 'cause i'm not sure.

But not to confuse anyone, you only have to enter username/passw when you CHANGE email-settings etc. on your phone. But once you do it, it will be permanent that you have to enter a password.

Receiving emails, BIS etc should work as always without passw.
    This is not true, at least for OS 7. When I access my BIS through the phone: Setup>Email I don't need to input userid or password.
    12-08-11 01:50 PM
    Cannot Create Account

This action cannot be performed using a browser on a computer. Use the email set up application in your device...

That's the error I get...
    12-08-11 02:26 PM
  16. T
    I think it should only be possible to set it up from the device -- for security.
    12-08-11 02:31 PM
    Logging into BB ID first should solve the problem. And you only do it once to repeatedly access your email settings on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-11 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD