So I was at a party like any normal 21 year old would be and as part of the male speciesm we like to beat the **** out of other people for fun. I've come home with bruises and scraps from rough housing from my friends, and I have delt many and givin a few choke outs myself (god bless ju-jitsu training). Well, my BIG friend (6' 8" 290lbs), decides its a good idea to side tackle me and land right on top of me (Im 5' 9'' 165lbs). Well, as a good Blackberry owner, I keep my phone in it's holster with a cover on it, and it just happened to be on me, on the side that hits the ground! I look at my phone right as I got up and see my 2 week old 9700's screen smashed to a white shame. I got up, then got up on a chair (so I can reach him) and choked him as pay back. lol Thank god it was only 2 weeks old and I just went in and got a new one and said the some app crashed my phone and the screen got ruined since there was no visable damage to the phone some how.

But what bad Blackberry stories have you had thats happened to your Blackberry Smartphone?
    01-27-10 06:14 PM
    I hate when people abuse their warranty. Next time, try drunk driving and send back the car at the dealer if you crash it...
    01-27-10 06:20 PM
    How is that abusing my warranty ? Best buy let's you return it no matter what happens to it as long as you buy their insurance. You make it seem like I threw it or landing on it on purpose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 07:08 PM
    wow...some ppl. and to come here and brag about it.
    01-27-10 07:11 PM
    That's quite the tall tale.

But if you have insurance you can do whatever you want with the phone and get
    a replacement. That's what insurance is for. I hope you're talking about insurance
    though and not warranty.
    01-27-10 07:20 PM
    Wow. Seems this thread has backfired. Oh well. Here's my drunken BB tale. (Not broken, I promise!)

T'was the night of my 21st birthday, and my blackberry was just a month old. After several shots of GodKnowsWhat and ItAllTastesTheSameByNow, I start getting txt messages from an unknown number. These continue through the night and seem to get "hotter" and "hotter" as time goes on. I wake up in the morning, not remembering much, and start piecing the random text messages together.

After about a week of me hassling from my friends about who my texting date was, and me still trying to figure it all out, my friend finally came forward and said she was using her new cell phone.

I still get asked how "Michelle" is doing. That was a fun night
    01-27-10 07:41 PM
    No I bought their insurance for $10 a month. Thats different than the BB warranty.
    01-27-10 08:15 PM
    Hmmmm I think some people need to lighten up... But anyway I haven't had anything too out of the blue, just fell into a stream with a week old curve in my pocket while stumbling back to my apartment.
    01-27-10 08:23 PM
    Oh God chill out. He broke his phone and got a new one! Maybe he shouldn't of been rough housing but oh well. Happy you got a new one

01-27-10 08:27 PM
    Thank you lol everyone freaked out like I raped someone or some crap like that haha

01-27-10 09:19 PM
    I'm petrified of having it end up in the washing machine. I always carry it in my pocket and some times I'm so absent minded but I just can't wear a holster.
    01-27-10 09:25 PM
    I've gotten very used to it being in my holster, when I go certain places I keep in my pocket, but I'm glad the clear hard case my Bold is in fits into the holster with the magnet thing still working to auto lock it when its in it.

01-27-10 09:39 PM
    I'm petrified of having it end up in the washing machine. I always carry it in my pocket and some times I'm so absent minded but I just can't wear a holster.
    a couple of years ago, my teenage son called me and informed me that his grandmother washed his new Sony-Ericsson Walkman that was in his pocket. Needless to say the old bowl of rice trick did not work.
    01-27-10 09:56 PM
    I hate when people abuse their warranty. Next time, try drunk driving and send back the car at the dealer if you crash it...
    Why. Lmao, its a phone, RIM overprices anyway. And accidents do happen. Not like he stole from the food bank in heiti because his french fry had too much salt.

01-27-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD